This Visa process is CONFUSING!

Yes, it's 2000 USD but I don't have the link. And that's 2000 USD in "passive" income - ie, a trust.

Monotribuista is simply a working category (think freelancer). it doesn't entitle you to a visa. The only way to get a working visa is to have a company employ you en blanco and take all the necessary steps in order to have you registered as a foreign employee working here.

FYI it took me six months to get my FBI background check. They explained that a lot more companies are requiring people to have it for employment in the US and there is only one processing center - in West Virginia. Apply for it as soon as you can and keep in mind, if you plan on changing your name when/if you decide to get married, you could be asked for a new one.
Best of luck!!

I got my FBI background check this past May. It took about 6 weeks. I spoke with them several times and they have streamlined the system. Most of the time is taken up with safety measures because all mail first goes to a secure facility to be checked for bombs, anthrax, Buenos Aires pizzas etc. (just checking if anyone is really reading).

Even though the Miami consulate told me the FBI report did NOT need to be apostilled, I had it done anyway. THAT is what took the most time for me, the U.S. State Department. Even that was more weeks than months.

For Interculture, I recently relocated here with a pensionado visa. Nothing was ever mentioned about a specific income requirement. I've tried finding my links to the government sites for you, but each one now is dead. I do have a translation of their web page, stating the requirements. I'd be happy to forward it to you if you PM me.

So in other words, it IS faster to get the background check in the US in December, since then I don´t have to wait for the mail to get through customs?

Also, still wondering about the student visa. Can you work with a student visa, since it gives you residency? Do they give you a temporary DNI? And then later can you apply for a work visa or permenant residency?

Thanks for the answers!

Back