Thoughts About Cordoba

I am not a snob- I hate starbucks because I grew up walking by the original, when there was one store, and saw it turned into the McDonalds of Coffee. And one of the reasons I bought an apartment in BA in 2007 was that there were no Starbucks- instead, there were locally owned, family coffee shops and cafes. I just dont like giant corporations.

I too hate Starbucks, especially it's founder, Schultz. It's stupid, I'm not a basketball fan but, being from Seattle, it hurt when he gave our team to Oklahoma. That said, it's really the only place I can get a dark roast expresso so I hold my nose and go in :=(

T/

This began with Cordoba and sank immediately into a Starbucks bash. [same old place]

Just got back from the Sierras and a small "German" pueblo near a lake. The landscape is quite beautiful.

I have been living in LaFalda, in the sierras for 7 years now after 3 years in BA. coming from a small rural town in oregon, La Falda is more comfortable for me . I miss movie theatres, ethnic food choices, and other expats; but I have gained all the things mentioned in the first post of this thread (friendly locals, lower prices, tons more birds and trees, and i finally have a veg garden again) but i am in my 70's...I think single or young persons would be bored out of their minds...

Interesting. How did you decide on La Falda?

Is Carlos Paz worth visiting?

The whole area is really nice. I lived in La Cumbre, just north of La Falda, for a few months. If you have something to keep you busy (so you don't get bored), it's a cool place to live. But it's not BA. There are no subtes, very few colectivos. To live there you'd want a car or motorcycle. For me Aeroclub La Cumbre was my hang out. They do paragliding, skydiving, flying small aircraft, gliders, etc.

Back