Thoughts on working remotely in BA with the time difference?

Overweight people who never exercise and who don't know the consequences of sleeping with a full stomach. Survey any restaurant and you'll find the majority of its customers are obese.

Overweight people who never exercise and who don't know the consequences of sleeping with a full stomach. Survey any restaurant and you'll find the majority of its customers are obese.

Americans have dinner at 6pm and have higher obesity rate. So, probably there is no correlation between dining late and obesity at all.

Code:
Country         Obesity Rate
United States    36.20%
Canada            29.40%
Australia        29.00%
Argentina        28.30%
United Kingdom    27.80%

I live in California and I've been thinking about staying in Buenos Aires for a few months just for the hell of it, maybe starting in April or May. Due to the pandemic I work completely remotely from my laptop, but usually have several Zoom calls throughout the day. So while in BA, I'd have to maintain PST work hours, so like 2pm - 11pm Argentina time. I'd probably go to bed around 1am, wake up around 8am, and take the morning and early afternoon as personal time before having to work again.

Any thoughts or advice on what these hours would be like while living in BA? Does this seem crazy?
I am a fellow California who had to be available during PST work hours from Buenos Aires in past years, but I was on part time status and a business co-owner so if I went out at 9 p.m. local time (5 p.m. PST in April and May) nobody at home cared. You can have a full social life starting at 9 p.m. in the evening, restaurant arrivals at 10 p.m. are common. You could check for true urgent matters at 10:30 (6:30 pm PST) using cell phone. If you really have to be behind your desk until 11 p.m. (7 pm PST, in April and May; Argentina does not have Daylight savings time) you will not have much of a social life during the week. But you can still find restaurants and bars open until midnight or 1 a.m.

I do most of my business in the US (East to West) and in lesser amount with the UK. Buenos Aires works great for me. I get inquiries from the UK when I get up, then can work alone until the US customers pick up. West coast clients keep me busy until 10-11 PM at times but it is never too late to go out and grab a bite at the end of a long work day.
My only complain is that I have a long work day because I am busy morning to evening.

I don't like eating late at night, but here it is impossible to eat before 8:30PM anyway.

I live in California and I've been thinking about staying in Buenos Aires for a few months just for the hell of it, maybe starting in April or May. Due to the pandemic I work completely remotely from my laptop, but usually have several Zoom calls throughout the day. So while in BA, I'd have to maintain PST work hours, so like 2pm - 11pm Argentina time. I'd probably go to bed around 1am, wake up around 8am, and take the morning and early afternoon as personal time before having to work again.

Any thoughts or advice on what these hours would be like while living in BA? Does this seem crazy?

Not sure if you factored this in, but the time difference with California is only 4 hours between March and November. So if your workday is 9-6 you can do 1-10pm in Argentina.

Back