Thoughts On Year In El Bolson, Bariloche, Or San Martin?

San Martin de los Andes, definitely. Bariloche has become an ugly, traffic-choked nightmare, dangerous to boot. Stay away from it!

Hi Everyone,
This is such a helpful thread! Thank you for all of the information. My husband and I just arrived in SMA last Thursday and have been scrambling to find a place for the summer. Can anyone provide tips on the best ways to find rental properties?

We are looking for a small place in or near the city centre. It seems most places charge per day in the high season but we're hoping to find someone open to cash upfront for the next three months.

Is this common in SMA? It seems uncommon based on our research so far but we think we might just be looking in the wrong places. So far we have talked to real estate agents, searched on alquilamicasa.com.ar and on the Facebook page, Alquileres Permanentes y Temporarios SMA, but nothing has panned out yet.
Hi Amanda, welcome to SMA! We are abroad, but should be back next week or so.
This situation is definitely the norm in SMA. As all income needs to be made in the 2 summer months + 2 skiing months, all houses are rented by the day. House owners would be crazy to rent a place in January for $600 USD if they can get over $100 per day as well in high season.

Our AirBnB has been rented out for all of January and most of February since last July. It is still available from today until the morning of the 20th and after the 26th of February if you need something now (listing here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/101913), I can get you a better price, but January and Feb will be hard.

Good luck.

if there's one place that would make me stay in Argentina until I kick the bucket it's SMA. Great scenery and trout fishing.

Back