Thread: Milei's DNUs as they happen

Correction: Dollar tarjeta is apparently going to be $1,320 following some rejigging of the different taxes

So if you pesify incoming Dollars, e.g. by bank transfer, they will be worth 800 Pesos per Dollar?
That is correct (assuming $800 is the compra rate, otherwise if it's the venta, a little less).

If you're an exporter, 80% will be via the MULC (the BCRA dollar) and 20% via the CCL rate

That is correct (assuming $800 is the compra rate, otherwise if it's the venta, a little less).

If you're an exporter, 80% will be via the MULC (the BCRA dollar) and 20% via the CCL rate
I got 790 Pesos per Dollar. The banks sure aren’t going to lose out on the transaction 🙄

Omnibus DNU Update:

About 30 major changes were announced this evening (December 20th) by the Milei administration, so I'll try and summarize what they are/what they mean, and a link to an article about the things being changed themselves:

• Repeal of the Rental Law, which according to Ambito implies 2 year contacts, can be dollarized (or any currency), indexation according to any scales, deposit of 2 months (returnable after 60 days), any guarantee, fixes, regular, and extraordinary expenses payable by tenants; an email for communications is no longer required
  • Repeal of the Supply Law, which set maximum prices for essential goods and fined businesses for abuses
  • Repeal of the Gondola Law, regulated the display of products in store and online, was applicable to food, drinks, cleaning supplies and perfumery
  • Repeal of the National Purchase Law which favored domestic micro and SMEs during tenders
  • Repeal of the Price Observatory; sounds like what it was, monitored/recorded prices within Argentina
  • Repeal of the Industrial and Commercial Promotion Law which promoted the development of Argentine domestic industry through fiscal and financial incentives such as tax reductions, tax credits, and subsidies
  • Repeal of laws meant to prevent the privatization of state companies
  • Repeal of the State Companies Regime
  • Transformation of all state companies into public limited companies for subsequent privatization
  • "Modernization" of the labor regime (euphemism to say the least as it apparently was to include things like expanding the trial period from 3 to 8 months during which people could be fired with limited recourse)
  • Reform of the Customs Code and removing prohibitions on exports
  • Repeal of the Land Law
  • Repeal of the Fire Law (I think this is it, not 100% sure)
  • Repeal of laws governing sugar mill production
  • Liberalization of laws related to wine production
  • Repeal of the Mining Trading System and the Mining Information Bank
  • Authorization for the government to sell some or all of it's shares of Aerolineas Argentinas
  • Adoption of an Open Skies Policy
  • Modification of the Civil and Commercial Code to guarantee that contracts in foreign currency must be paid in the same currency
  • Modification of the regulatory framework for Prepaid Medicine and Social Works (I believe the main impact for now to let them raise the monthly fee to be whatever they want without needing to seek authorization from the Ministry of Health)
  • Incorporation of Prepaid Medicine companies into the Social Work regime (I believe this will let them serve both markets/change employer contributions to any provider workers want)
  • Enabling Electronic Prescriptions again
  • Modifications to the regime of pharmaceutical companies to encourage competition
  • Modification of the corporate law so that Soccer Clubs can become public limited companies
  • Deregulation of satellite internet services to permit companies like Starlink
  • Deregulation of the tourism sector
  • Digitization of DMV procedures

just reading that bullet point list, it's a wonder the country managed to function at all with all of the obnoxious controls. and that is probably just a sliver of it

I think it's important to remember that the legislature can reject some of Milei's policies and Milei doesn't have to achieve everything he wants in order for his administration to be successful and make things better. With that said, as the quote says "Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some." I would wait to see if he gets reelected to make the determination as to whether he succeeded or not.

No I don't think they can reject just some. They can either accept everything or reject the whole DNU.
Milei can surely wrapped each of his policies as individual DNU's. Also, the legislature can put into law anything they agree with.

If he does choose to put multiple things in the one DNU, then he must believe the majority of the lawmakers would not reject the full package even if they don't like some of the items. Sometimes we have to accept some of the things we don't like in order to get the things we do like that are more important to us. That's how negotiations and compromises work. Yes, some of us still believe in that.

Last edited:
Back