Thread: Milei's DNUs as they happen

Quilombo

Registered
I thought I would take the liberty of creating a thread to discuss the DNUs as they happen so we have a central place to talk about them, and the impact they will have on the community and country.

1st DNU: Reduction of Ministries Restructuring

Milei's first DNU as president was to reduce the number of Presidential Ministries in half, from 18 to 9. The new Ministries are as follows:

- Security (Patricia Bullrich)
- Justice (Mariano Cuneo Libarona);
- Economy (Luis Caputo)
- Foreign Affairs (Diana Mondino)
- Interiorᵗ (Guillermo Francos)
- Defense (Luis Petri)
- Health* (Mario Russo)
- Human Capital** (Sandra Pettovello)
- Infrastructure*** (Guillermo Ferraro)

*Health was to be eliminated as a ministerial post, but he decided to keep it
**Human Capital is an umbrella ministry for the former Ministries of Social Development, Education, Labor, Women and Culture
***Infrastructure is an umbrella ministry for the former Ministries of Public Works, Transport, and Communications
ᵗTourism, Environment, and Sustainable Development now fall under the Ministry of the Interior

The former Ministry of Science and Technology will fall under the Chief of Staff, Nicolás Posee, and Karina Milei will be the General Secretary of the President of the Nation.

I thought I would take the liberty of creating a thread to discuss the DNUs as they happen so we have a central place to talk about them, and the impact they will have on the community and country.

1st DNU: Reduction of Ministries Restructuring

Milei's first DNU as president was to reduce the number of Presidential Ministries in half, from 18 to 9. The new Ministries are as follows:

- Security (Patricia Bullrich)
- Justice (Mariano Cuneo Libarona);
- Economy (Luis Caputo)
- Foreign Affairs (Diana Mondino)
- Interiorᵗ (Guillermo Francos)
- Defense (Luis Petri)
- Health* (Mario Russo)
- Human Capital** (Sandra Pettovello)
- Infrastructure*** (Guillermo Ferraro)

*Health was to be eliminated as a ministerial post, but he decided to keep it
**Human Capital is an umbrella ministry for the former Ministries of Social Development, Education, Labor, Women and Culture
***Infrastructure is an umbrella ministry for the former Ministries of Public Works, Transport, and Communications
ᵗTourism, Environment, and Sustainable Development now fall under the Ministry of the Interior

The former Ministry of Science and Technology will fall under the Chief of Staff, Nicolás Posee, and Karina Milei will be the General Secretary of the President of the Nation.
Thanks for starting this thread.

He's probably not a fan of the expats in San Telmo
I think that, at least during the time he was coming into the bar, he was much more interested in trying to scam people, Argentinos and extranjeros alike, than thinking about where we were all from.

As you might imagine, he's about the only topic in the chat for the bar in the last day or two. One guy out of almost 50 million people, and he was always coming in the bar. Amazing.

Gaston has several legal causes pending and was wearing an ankle monitor device until recently. He came to BA and was in homeless status. Throwing a bottle to the Milei caravan, is a sign of protest. Constitutes a Presidential murder attempt ?.

Does it compare with The Copitos triggering a gun to CFK's head..?

I think that, at least during the time he was coming into the bar, he was much more interested in trying to scam people, Argentinos and extranjeros alike, than thinking about where we were all from.

As you might imagine, he's about the only topic in the chat for the bar in the last day or two. One guy out of almost 50 million people, and he was always coming in the bar. Amazing.
Great bar the Gibraltar by the way.

I happened to meet my wife there on boxing day nearly 14 years ago 😁

Gaston has several legal causes pending and was wearing an ankle monitor device until recently. He came to BA and was in homeless status. Throwing a bottle to the Milei caravan, is a sign of protest. Constitutes a Presidential murder attempt ?.

Does it compare with The Copitos triggering a gun to CFK's head..?
Presidential murder attempt? absolutely!, does it compare to the copitos? as far as trying to murder a president, of course! the only difference i see, is that president Milei had done nothing to trigger any one to the point of wanting to kill him ''just because'', on the other hand former vice president cristina had angered many people for many different reasons for a long time, still, doesn't justify such an act but her list of enemies was a very large one.

Economic Measures Announced by Luis Caputo

• BCRA Dollar of $800 ---> Dollar Tarjeta of a minimum of $2,040; new increase in the Impuesto PAIS, imports, and non-agricultural exports
  • Employment contracts that are valid for less than one year are not renewed.
  • The suspension of the media budget for one year (i.e. the "Primero la gente" propaganda was funded by this I believe)
  • Ministries go from 18 to 9 and Secretariats from 106 to 54
  • Co-participation funding to provinces/CABA reduced to the legal minimum
  • All no new tenders for public works, and all those yet to be started are canceled
  • Reduction of energy and transportation subsidies (amounts not specified yet)
  • Social plans maintained
  • Once this emergency is over, there will be an elimination of all import duties
  • SIRA import system to be replaced with a statistical and import information system that will not require prior license information
  • Doubling of the AUH and 50% the Alimentar Card

Back