Tigre?

Let me add that Tigre the town really isn't all that great. It's a bit too middle-class-Argentine touristy... However, the islands in the Tigre Delta are amazing.

It's difficult to get out there to really take it in. The big river boat tours tend to go through some not so interesting parts of the river...

Actually, the best way my wife and I got to see the islands was by having a local real estate agent take us out in his boat to look at Delta houses for sale... He took us around to about 15 houses. He drove, we paid for gas... It was a lot of fun...

We ended up buying one of those houses about a year ago and I must say it has lived up to and exceeded our expectations ever since. We go out there almost every weekend. It's become a high point of our lives here... The people out there are wonderful. The flora and fauna are beautiful... I could gush about the Tigre Delta for a long time. I do think other people would enjoy it out there too.

But I will say it's not for everyone... It floods fairly frequently. You've got to like boats and water... There are mosquitos... Living in a place only reachable by boat creates numerous obstacles in terms of food, furnishings, and everything else...

For us, it's all well worth it. I'd urge others to check it out, especially if you're looking for an escape from the city.

Here's the Tigre Delta city tourism site for more info:
http://www.tigre.gov.ar/turismo/tu-activ-d-english.html#

Back