Time To Buy A New Car?

Know that with a new 0km Toyota corolla, you're probably looking at a 2 - 3 month wait to get the car. Ask how long is the 'entrega' and then ask if what they tell you is true. We ended up buying an Ecosport and my brother-in-law is buying a used (2012) corolla today.

We had a SEAT but they left the country, so my husband sold before the car started to have issues. You might not lose pesos, but you'll lose dollar value since cars do depreciate, although not as much as elsewhere. Imports tend to lose more value. If you do buy an import, make sure it's an established brand that's popular. We ended up not even looking at the Chevy Cruze because it's an import and has a low resell value.

1) Rocket Science

...or...

2) Brain Surgery

But NEVER "Rocket Surgery". Free English lesson from a TEFL certified teacher.

Sorry but I am a member of the United States Society of Rocket Surgeons (USSRS).

Haven't you ever wondered about who it is that repairs the vital organs of our space ships after a long space flight? Its is us, the Rocket Surgeons.

We are trying to raise public awareness that we exist and are working on many new inventions that will soon benefit all mankind.

In the meantime please add 'Rocket Surgery' to your lexicon as soon as possible so that your students will be aware of us and not look ignorant when they encounter a Rocket Surgeon.

My South America bound overlanding vehicle of choice. The Toyota Prius V wagonesque styled due to its utility cargo area so I can put many luggages or personal belongings. I reckon that the "Naftas" or the Petrol in Argieland is very expensive, thus would save me a bunch and be able to use "Regular gasoline" only, no premium gas, the car's Hybrid system can not or does not need a premium and expensive Gas as such...Right here in California freeways speeding at cruising of 75 mph, gives me approx 51~52 mpg, so very very economical.Plus, the Toyota Hybrid vehicle requires almost no maintanances, except oil changes due every 10k miles if so desired, but not required!

https://www.google.com/search?q=prius+v+pictures&rlz=1G1SNNT_ENUS515&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=jd0DUravLO_wyAGviYGIDQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFMQsAQ&biw=1149&bih=627

My South America bound overlanding vehicle of choice. The Toyota Prius V wagonesque styled due to its utility cargo area so I can put many luggages or personal belongings. I reckon that the "Naftas" or the Petrol in Argieland is very expensive, thus would save me a bunch and be able to use "Regular gasoline" only, no premium gas, the car's Hybrid system can not or does not need a premium and expensive Gas as such...Right here in California freeways speeding at cruising of 75 mph, gives me approx 51~52 mpg, so very very economical.Plus, the Toyota Hybrid vehicle requires almost no maintanances, except oil changes due every 10k miles if so desired, but not required!

https://www.google.c...iw=1149&bih=627

I know that is an excellent vehicle, but the cost of obtaining that car here in Argentina would be astronomical. You an buy an audi almost for what it costs for a prius V...

Know that with a new 0km Toyota corolla, you're probably looking at a 2 - 3 month wait to get the car. Ask how long is the 'entrega' and then ask if what they tell you is true. We ended up buying an Ecosport and my brother-in-law is buying a used (2012) corolla today.

We had a SEAT but they left the country, so my husband sold before the car started to have issues. You might not lose pesos, but you'll lose dollar value since cars do depreciate, although not as much as elsewhere. Imports tend to lose more value. If you do buy an import, make sure it's an established brand that's popular. We ended up not even looking at the Chevy Cruze because it's an import and has a low resell value.
Your Brother-in-law is very smart person by going with a Toyota Corolla of second hand of only few years used.Toyota vehicle engines just gets broken-in after say 16k km then lasts all the way to 320k kmtrs before needing parts replacement, except the brakes, belts, tires and few minor segment of a car's carrozerias. Now if buying a Toyota Hybrid vehicles, then its maintanances are almost nill, zilch
nada! Just do the oil changes every 16k kmtrs as part of maintanances. I owned and own a few myself, so i know what Iam talkin' bouts!

I know that is an excellent vehicle, but the cost of obtaining that car here in Argentina would be astronomical. You an buy an audi almost for what it costs for a prius V...
Hmmmm, why is the Audi cost so little in Argentina? Here in the states, an Audi to buy, heck I can buy me 2 Prius V for the price of an Audi even for the smallest Audi..Hybrid vehicle prices, initially it can be a bit higher than the conventional gas or diesel engined vehicles, but if you are like me, owning a vehicle over 10 years, the savings gathered in fuels and maintanances then the scale easily tilts towards a Toyota Hybrid ownerships. Just looking at the taxi companies across the world puttin' in the Toyota Hybrids in their taxi fleets tells the answer as to why..

Hybrid taxis hit Canadian roads

June 29, 2008

All across Canada, taxi companies are in the fast lane to going hybrid. With high gasoline prices as well as more provinces passing legislation that helps or mandates emissions reduction efforts, more and more taxi companies are getting a charge out of adding electric vehicles to their fleets.

For some cities, the pothole on the road to adopting hybrid technology is long winters, with cold temperatures, which can make for a difficult environment for battery-operated vehicles. One such city is Calgary, where drivers of existing hybrid taxis are starting to note benefits from using the environmentally friendly vehicles despite fears around cold weather. “They’re so good because they cut a driver’s cost of gas in half a night,” says the president of Associated Cabs Ltd. in this article.

- See more at: http://www.centreflow.ca/2008/06/29/hybrid-taxis-hit-canadian-roads/#sthash.sTQRBi0q.dpuf

Hmmmm, why is the Audi cost so little in Argentina? Here in the states, an Audi to buy, heck I can buy me 2 Prius V for the price of an Audi even for the smallest Audi..Hybrid vehicle prices, initially it can be a bit higher than the conventional gas or diesel engined vehicles, but if you are like me, owning a vehicle over 10 years, the savings gathered in fuels and maintanances then the scale easily tilts towards a Toyota Hybrid ownerships. Just looking at the taxi companies across the world puttin' in the Toyota Hybrids in their taxi fleets tells the answer as to why..

Hybrid taxis hit Canadian roads

June 29, 2008

All across Canada, taxi companies are in the fast lane to going hybrid. With high gasoline prices as well as more provinces passing legislation that helps or mandates emissions reduction efforts, more and more taxi companies are getting a charge out of adding electric vehicles to their fleets.

For some cities, the pothole on the road to adopting hybrid technology is long winters, with cold temperatures, which can make for a difficult environment for battery-operated vehicles. One such city is Calgary, where drivers of existing hybrid taxis are starting to note benefits from using the environmentally friendly vehicles despite fears around cold weather. “They’re so good because they cut a driver’s cost of gas in half a night,” says the president of Associated Cabs Ltd. in this article.

- See more at: http://www.centreflo...h.sTQRBi0q.dpuf

I'll bet you can get a prius V in Argentina for nothing less than 60,000 USD new. I'm seeing it like that used on mercadolibre. So yes, with that kind of money, you can get an audi.

I also know of someone who plans to sell their car before the election in October and buy USD, then resell them after the election.

Sending back a Citroen C4, the saloon version. 2l automatic....not usually my style but i loved it. Was a company car, was a pleasure for weekend trips and had enough about it to get you out in front of the traffic from a standing start. Sad to see it go, we're being given a similar spec renault fluence...not convinced. That said I would never have chosen the C4 saloon and it was a dream.

Back