Time To Buy A New Car?

Your Brother-in-law is very smart person by going with a Toyota Corolla of second hand of only few years used.Toyota vehicle engines just gets broken-in after say 16k km then lasts all the way to 320k kmtrs before needing parts replacement, except the brakes, belts, tires and few minor segment of a car's carrozerias. Now if buying a Toyota Hybrid vehicles, then its maintanances are almost nill, zilch
nada! Just do the oil changes every 16k kmtrs as part of maintanances. I owned and own a few myself, so i know what Iam talkin' bouts!

My first car was a hand me down Toyota Camry from my old lady. When I took it over it was only 8 years old but had done 290,000ish kms (due to a lot of country driving prior to moving from rural Western Australia). I then put another 40,000 kms in a couple of years before selling it. Almost 350,000 kms it had done, a 4 cylinder engine and had only ever had very minor problems. Certainly would never question recommending anyone a Toyota for longevity / low maintenance.

My first car was a hand me down Toyota Camry from my old lady. When I took it over it was only 8 years old but had done 290,000ish kms (due to a lot of country driving prior to moving from rural Western Australia). I then put another 40,000 kms in a couple of years before selling it. Almost 350,000 kms it had done, a 4 cylinder engine and had only ever had very minor problems. Certainly would never question recommending anyone a Toyota for longevity / low maintenance.
Yep, the Toyota/Lexus branded automobiles endures abusive use for many hundread thousand miles/kms. It meant to be treated as such, when engineered, we knew that the westerners doesn't spend much in as described maintanances so we had make sure that our products lasts a long time even neglected by lacking the proper maintanances.Besides, the western higways carries the autos on them at much high velocity vs as in Japan. For instance the crazy drivers on the Autobahnnen of Germany, Flat out all day!
I remember once in Detroit Auto show, couple of guys approached me, GM/Ford guys? and asked if I was with Toyota,I was merely participitating to see all these new vehicles at the show, they confused me, then asked me as to, why you guys _over engineer_ your vehicles? Then they said, by doin' so, you guys are loosing out in making a fat profits in _parts sale_ don't build autos that lasts forever, you Nipponeses are making us look bad. Go figure that out!

I'll bet you can get a prius V in Argentina for nothing less than 60,000 USD new. I'm seeing it like that used on mercadolibre. So yes, with that kind of money, you can get an audi.
No, you got it the other way around. The Audis cost over us$60k and the Prius cost around us$30k..! So if true that an used Prius cost so much as you describe above, then I have found a lucrative market! An used vehicle market.. Import all ex-Toyota rental Prius buy them all and bring them into Argentina then sell them at very large profit!

No, you got it the other way around. The Audis cost over us$60k and the Prius cost around us$30k..! So if true that an used Prius cost so much as you describe above, then I have found a lucrative market! An used vehicle market.. Import all ex-Toyota rental Prius buy them all and bring them into Argentina then sell them at very large profit!

You cannot import cars to Argentina.

I said in Argentina. You might be able to purchase that in the U.S., but then you would have to try and import it to Argentina. If you are going to drive through the Americas, you might be able to bring it in for a while. Ship it through customs? Maybe if you are moving permanently with a residency visa (if not, forget it). However, you are going to have to pay the freight, plus I believe a 30 percent tax after 15,000 USD for the value of your car. I also imagine that you must have paid cash for the car as you likely cannot ship a car to a foreign country that has a loan on it (not sure though). So the cost of a prius V (30,000) plus freight, maybe 10,000 once you pay everything, plus another 5000 for a 30 percent tax on value over 15,000 USD is around 45,000 USD. You can see why just buying a corolla would be a much better deal in the short and long run. And let's not even mention is something breaks on your prius. You will pay out the nose to have it fixed.

Just been to the Toyota dealer and got a quote of $148k for the Manual Xei. http://www.toyota.com.ar/cars/new_cars/corolla_v/equip.aspx
With 80k deposit over 36 months it is $3,100 + insurance per month (total cost $186K) 30% interest.
I am going to see if the bank has a better rate and will lend me the money.
If the blue would make a big jump I would just buy it outright.
Been doing my homework and the Toyota Corolla is the best bang for buck out there, as I don't like Euro cars.
Toyota's here are made in Brazil BTW.

Just been to the Toyota dealer and got a quote of $148k for the Manual Xei. http://www.toyota.co...la_v/equip.aspx
With 80k deposit over 36 months it is $3,100 + insurance per month (total cost $186K) 30% interest.
I am going to see if the bank has a better rate and will lend me the money.
If the blue would make a big jump I would just buy it outright.
Been doing my homework and the Toyota Corolla is the best bang for buck out there, as I don't like Euro cars.
Toyota's here are made in Brazil BTW.
Fried Turkey-san, Toyota Corolla is the world's synonymous for standard of excellence: Quality, Reliability,Dependability,highest resale value of any used car in the world and with Toyota's passion for relent pursuit for perfection, you have arrived to the best and smart decision in choosing the brand and the car! However, doesn't car marques there offer much competitive loan finance rate?

Fried Turkey-san, Toyota Corolla is the world's synonymous for standard of excellence: Quality, Reliability,Dependability,highest resale value of any used car in the world and with Toyota's passion for relent pursuit for perfection, you have arrived to the best and smart decision in choosing the brand and the car! However, doesn't car marques there offer much competitive loan finance rate?
That's what I was thinking,considering in the US you can get 0% interest on cars 30% seems steep to me. I will shop around though.

I bought my 17 year old daughter a Toyota Corolla. She only hit 2 mailboxes the first 3 months. Other than that the car has been great. My ex brother in law worked at a Toyota dealer in Tampa. I have bought over a dozen cars from him , including a Tacoma SR5 for my son , that , while no mail boxes were hit , has been an excellent truck. Actually leaving Sunday , to drive the it from Seattle to Tampa. He is currently driving my Mercedes. No mailboxes please.

The Toyota Hilux is made in Argentina.

30% interest is quite a hit , but when the peso hits 12 , it will be a great deal !!

Good luck....

I bought my 17 year old daughter a Toyota Corolla. She only hit 2 mailboxes the first 3 months. Other than that the car has been great. My ex brother in law worked at a Toyota dealer in Tampa. I have bought over a dozen cars from him , including a Tacoma SR5 for my son , that , while no mail boxes were hit , has been an excellent truck. Actually leaving Sunday , to drive the it from Seattle to Tampa. He is currently driving my Mercedes. No mailboxes please.

The Toyota Hilux is made in Argentina.

30% interest is quite a hit , but when the peso hits 12 , it will be a great deal !!

Good luck....
Hello cbonanni-san, Wow from Seattle to Tampa FL! Me had once driven from N.Y.C. ~ to S.F. and remebering crossing the state of Texas, what a huge state that is! I think it took me a couple of days to traverse that land-mass! I guess you are an Italiano by the 'tri-colore' right? Then go for the Fiat vehicles, the Italians make many super vehicles and laden with the passion so true of the real Italians!

Back