Time To Buy A New Car?

Splitty

Registered
I am tossing up whether to buy a new car or used.

If I get a new Toyota Corolla for example they are about 150k and I can put most of it on fixed payments.
Hopefully the blue should jump up after the elections, then the payments will become very minimal.
If anyone has any input let me know, i would like to hear different points of view before I buy.

A 2007 Corolla resells for about 80K btw.

I am tossing up whether to buy a new car or used.

If I get a new Toyota Corolla for example they are about 150k and I can put most of it on fixed payments.

Hopefully the blue should jump up after the elections, then the payments will become very minimal.
If anyone has any input let me know, i would like to hear different points of view before I buy.

A 2007 Corolla resells for about 80K btw.
_Well, here in the states says to buy a new car is to take on the depretiation full on ahead._
_That 150k is for 2014~2013 model year?_

Buying a second hand vehicle is to take advantage from previous owner that absorbed the depretiation for you but not the touch and feel, smell of a spankin' new vehicle! Most people here in the states buys a 3 years old vehicle and it outnumbers the new vehicle sold each year..So if affordable get the new one and forget the maintanance expenditure part for a couple of years anyways. But if used vehicle, prepare yourself in facing to spend an unknown quantity of money, despite the Toyota Corollas being the most reliable vehicle on earth! I am biased, I was with Toyota~Lexus marque for eternity!

Your best bet is to buy an Imported car. The exchange rate used for imported cars is the official rate. I just bought the wife a Ford Fiesta Kinetic. It is imported from Mexico. The car was $118,000. official rate: US$21261 Blue: US$13,822 Same car in US costs US$19,000

Not bad . But beware !! The cost to register it , in BA province is like 5% of the cars value. Beware further !! Another new federal tax is coming into force 15 August , that will add yet another 3% to the cost of the car.

Advantage to buying 0km , is they do hold their value very well. Financing , if available now is a great option , as anyone who has had an empanda this week knows the blue rate will rate will go up. And then you costs go down.

Be very wary of used cars , with rolled back odometers. Autofoco.com.ar and deauto.com.ar are good sources for prices.

how to buy a car in name of a company registered abroad?

I recommend buying a new car for the following reasons: vehicles do not depreciate much here. If you buy with credit, then sometimes the real inflation rate actually outstrips the inflation payments. If you buy used the odometer will most likely be rolled back, or the owner will surely lie about the state of the vehicle. Used vehicles that are not of good quality usually take a beating also. Even a Corolla may have its issues here.

Make sure you purchase a brand that doesn't depreciate much and that doesn't have imported parts. Although I recommend you buy new and sell every 3 years or when the warranty runs out. It is a real hassle to find a mechanic and get your car worked on here. If you have a warranty, you just take it in and get it repaired at the dealership if something goes wrong.

The last time the forum discussed buying a car it was recommended to buy a one manufactured in mercosur because getting replacement parts can be difficult for cars manufactured elsewhere.

That was then. Now we have the blue rate. New car at 50% discount ? It is not rocket surgery , it's a car..............

They do not break down , and if so , is under warranty , and if not , you can always fly in your own parts.

That was then. Now we have the blue rate. New car at 50% discount ? It is not rocket surgery , it's a car..............

1) Rocket Science

...or...

2) Brain Surgery

But NEVER "Rocket Surgery". Free English lesson from a TEFL certified teacher.

Back