Tips For Bringing Our Dog To Ba

meb87

Registered
Hi everyone!
My boyfriend and I have been living in BA for the last 4 months and have decided to bring our dog down when he travels to NY in a few weeks. We have done a ton of research but honestly we're still a bit nervous. I was hoping someone with prior experience can help answer these questions:
1. Did you have your vet forms translated? If so, where?
2. Did you have the forms notarized at the consulate?
3. What's the best way to navigate through Senasa at EZE?

Thanks a lot!

Suggest you contact and hire a customs broker/despachante de aduana with experience, to save a lot of aggravation, who can walk thru Senasa oiling the needed palms,

[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]- [/background]travel[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)] dogs - 4246-1149 - 155-490-1879 - [email protected][/background]

Contact a Depachante de Aduana with XP in the paper work and can walk thru Senasa any day oiling the neded palms.

[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)]- [/background]travel[background=rgb(238, 238, 238)] dogs - 4246-1149 - 155-490-1879 - [email protected][/background]

Hi everyone!
My boyfriend and I have been living in BA for the last 4 months and have decided to bring our dog down when he travels to NY in a few weeks. We have done a ton of research but honestly we're still a bit nervous. I was hoping someone with prior experience can help answer these questions:
1. Did you have your vet forms translated? If so, where?
2. Did you have the forms notarized at the consulate?
3. What's the best way to navigate through Senasa at EZE?

Thanks a lot!

We just moved here a month ago and brought our 2 Dachshunds with us, and believe me, we were incredibly nervous. We had to go to our regular vet and have both dogs undergo physicals, obtain special paperwork and a referral to the state vet (Colorado), then visit the state vet's office to obtain the necessary signatures and final paperwork. Honestly it wasn't that bad and only took a few hours in total.

Traveling with the boys was easy and I actually searched for someone to review our paperwork at customs. After 5-10 minutes I gave up and headed out of the airport for a much needed potty break. Granted they're small, we carried them on, and it was pretty easy for people to overlook them in addition to our other bags, but if your dog is traveling as cargo it may be a different experience.

Good luck!

We just moved here a month ago and brought our 2 Dachshunds with us, and believe me, we were incredibly nervous. We had to go to our regular vet and have both dogs undergo physicals, obtain special paperwork and a referral to the state vet (Colorado), then visit the state vet's office to obtain the necessary signatures and final paperwork. Honestly it wasn't that bad and only took a few hours in total.

Traveling with the boys was easy and I actually searched for someone to review our paperwork at customs. After 5-10 minutes I gave up and headed out of the airport for a much needed potty break. Granted they're small, we carried them on, and it was pretty easy for people to overlook them in addition to our other bags, but if your dog is traveling as cargo it may be a different experience.

Good luck!

I always wondered about this in case I got a dog in Buenos Aires and went back to the states in a cpl years but how did the dogs manage to stay quiet and not poop for a 9 hr flight? I imagine the courtesy of flying is to make sure the dogs did not go to the bathroom the entire time.

On arrival you will need to look for the Senasa counter.The dog does not come under the jurisdiction of customs but Senasa. Read the Senasa website it is actually well explained. You will need to pay a fee for the dog and I am not sure if that is in pesos or dollars. Have both. Do not skip one necessary step. I had to assist a housemate some years back with getting paperwork sorted after the dog arrived and it was a mess.The dog stayed at the airport for nigh on 48 hours.Incomplete documentation may also mean that the dog gets sent back when the airline can transport it. In the meantime the dog stays in quarantine.The tramite is not difficult, but must be done correctly. Another thing US airlines have increased their pet travel prices enormously. Look into that as well, so it does not catch you by surprise.

http://www.senasa.gov.ar/contenido.php?to=n&in=739&io=8463

I also brought my dog here and had no issues. He is small and travelled on the flight with me. I had all the paperwork lined up. I had notified the airline that I would have a dog weeks in advance. Still the paperwork wasn't checked by Senasa or the airline!!!

What airlines do you travel that you could bring your pet on board with you? I only have traveled with American and my cat has to go in a special compartment :(

Wrong airline! Try United or Delta. I've brought my Pomeranian with me under the seat back and forth almost every year. Delta is especially good for traveling with animals and even have a check in counter designated for people traveling with pets at the Atlanta airport. Saved me waiting on the longer normal line! More difficult to take your pet out of Argentina then bring it in in my experience. Never got asked for paperwork entering the US and half the time nobody was at SENASA at the airport here to check when I arrived. But I almost missed a flight once leaving with foxy for the US because the security cop wanted a bribe. I played dumb, everyone behind me on line started to complain and we were let through. Most vets here offer to process and pick up your papers prior to departure for a fee. Last year it was 400 pesos. Has to be done within 10 days of departure. But I continue to be galled at the chutzpah of the airlines in that I am being charged $200 extra each way to give up one carry on and what little leg room I am entitled to! Be advised that some flights with connections don't accept pets under the seat I think because the connecting flights are too small to fit the animal under the seat! Good luck!

We brought our standard poodle there on Delta and home on LAN. No problems at all. Just had to get a rabies certificate and health certificate before traveling each way. Went through the Senasa counter on the way in, which was no issue at all. Getting the paperwork to leave BA was a little harder, but still not a problem. Both airlines were great. Only issue was her crate was crazy huge, but luckily I had made them note the size in my confirmed reservation so they had no choice but to accept it. She was freaked out for about 10 minutes after we picked her up, but did super well in both directions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jantango Expat Life 1
A Expat Life 7
F Expat Life 12
F Expat Life 9
jantango Expat Life 11
Back