Tips For Broken Iphone 5S

Make sure you restore your phone to factory settings first if you haven't already done it (google it). Backup your phone first, then restore it completely. This itself might fix your problem as it is possible it is a software issue, such as a recent program you might have installed that is causing a conflict.

Yes, it turns off immediately and unexpectedly. I experimented using various applications (for photos, chat, etc...) just to see if they would work and they all do, the phone only works momentarily before going black and then it tries to restart itself. This occurs only when it is plugged in. If I try to turn it on by itself it doesn't turn on at all. This has led me to conclude it's a battery issue, though when the phone turns on, for those rare seconds, it shows battery at 100%. I've taken it in to get the battery replaced and if that's not the problem then I'll probably just wait until August when I return to the states. Unless they tell me it's something they can do here. Though I'm spending enough on the battery replacement as it is.

Thanks for all the advice.

If you've already taken in the battery, let's hope that does the trick. What I'd have recommended is that you stop over at a reputable shop, and have them first, for a fee, to plug in an existing battery to see if that's the issue, and only if it is - to install a new battery.

Make sure you restore your phone to factory settings first if you haven't already done it (google it). Backup your phone first, then restore it completely. This itself might fix your problem as it is possible it is a software issue, such as a recent program you might have installed that is causing a conflict.
If you've already taken in the battery, let's hope that does the trick. What I'd have recommended is that you stop over at a reputable shop, and have them first, for a fee, to plug in an existing battery to see if that's the issue, and only if it is - to install a new battery.
Yes, I probably should have asked to test the battery first, and done the complete restore on Itunes. Hopefully the problem is resolved by this battery replacement.
I'll let you know how it goes.

To wrap up the saga I took it to Macsoul and they told me they couldn't fix it, that it's an issue with the motherboard. I then took it to another place for a second opinion and they fixed it the next day. But when I got home the same problem started happening again. So I took it back, they rearranged the battery and voila! Worked again, though I knew it wouldn't last long. Well he told me to charge it for four hours, which is what I did and it worked well for about a day. I then go to use it after two days and nothing, screen showed empty battery, so I plug it in and three hours later the phone is fried crispy on the inside, burning hot on the outside, and screen flashing red.

"And that's how the cookie crumbles"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jantango Expat Life 1
A Expat Life 7
F Expat Life 12
F Expat Life 9
jantango Expat Life 11
Back