To get or renew your driver's license, you will have to complete courses on patriarchy, masculinity and gender.

Maybe, if his mates had been “forced” to take the course they would have told him that he was crazy and he could have gotten help before this tragic event occurred.

But, before anyone starts shouting FEMINAZI I’ll tell you that as a proud feminist mother of three boys I don’t like the destruction of public property that occurred at the court house.
I have hope for the next generation!

Attachments

• 4DB110BF-191E-4686-9FBC-7D42E151E38E.png
    4DB110BF-191E-4686-9FBC-7D42E151E38E.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 13
Wouldn't it save more lives on Argentine roads to educate drivers renewing their licenses on road safety instead??

While I admire the effort to educate the general population on these themes, one has to question the medium involved as certainly they are not the only issues people need education on to keep people safe (e.g. wearing seatbelts, following speed limits, giving right of way, respecting traffic lights, not drinking and driving, giving way to pedestrians, using the correct lane etc etc etc. all of which result in thousands of avoidable deaths per year including male, female, straight, gay, trans etc.)

I put my life at risk every time I cross a side street. Drivers still don't know they must yield the right of way to pedestrians. Occasionally I raise my hand to get them to stop so I can cross the street. There are many who will drive by instead of braking for a few seconds when the light at the next corner will turn red by the time they reach it. Why the hurry? I won't ride a bicycle because of all the crazy drivers on the street who want everyone to get out of their way. The city streets are dangerous, and much more so than twenty years ago when all the cars were old ones. Pedestrians can't wait for the light to change before they begin crossing the street. I suppose they don't worry about the possibility of getting killed by a moving vehicle.

Back