Today's Xoom Exchange Rate Almost Equal With Ria

I came here to post the very same thing. :) I have never seen Xoom's rate so close to the blue except when the blue is plunging (since Xoom lags). Did you get the email from them as well?

I went to Ria yesterday and was bombarded with paperwork. They even took a thumb print! Had to certify that my brother was sending me the money. What its purpose was. What my brother's occupation is, etc... I had to give my signature at least five times.

They required I bring a utility bill (my dueno is going to love that) and two telephone numbers of "friends" - thanks IG, I used your number.

So I spent most of the day traveling back and forth to the Ria office...

'More' gave me the interogation yesterday. I can accept the questions when im approaching or exceeding the monthly limit but i was no where near it. Why do we have to feel guilty for transferring our own funds to ourselves?!

If you "feel guilty," that is your problem. The MORE representatives are just doing their job and complying with government regulations. We are all subject to the laws of the country where we live. The regulation is posted in English on the wall at the MORE agency.

My last transaction with MORE was Thursday. I greet Natalia by name after two years, and she takes care of my transfer in three minutes, with no questions. It's my job to keep track when I reach the annual limit that requires two bank statements proving the source of funds.

Lock in your RIa or Xoom today if want to catch a rate over 15. You can always cancel if the blue recovers.

Back