Tomato Price

Yesterday, 1 Kilo 18 pesos in Juramento y Ciudad de la Paz (Belgrano). What I do find shocking but in a good way is the price of Ecuatorian Bananas, 7,99 for a Kilo and they were actually nice.

We should all go there today.... W-H always buys Precios Cuidados! :D

There is a shop in Palermo that sells grow lights and accessories specifically to provide the residents of Buenos Aires with an alternative to paying the ridiculous prices set by the Winter Tomato Lobby. It's called bastadelobby

There is a shop in Palermo that sells grow lights and accessories specifically to provide the residents of Buenos Aires with an alternative to paying the ridiculous prices set by the Winter Tomato Lobby. It's called bastadelobby

yes for tomatoes, only tomatoes!

UWhQRx8.jpg

Here are my tomatoes growing. :lol:

your tomatoes will look delicious in about three weeks!
The thing about growing vegetables at home is that, first you have to wait , and wait..........and wait, then after a time you don't know what to do with the surplus. Some veg get growing and produce more in a short time then you can deal with (cucumber, squash are notorious growers). I have some herbs (especially basil that I let self-seed and starts growing in ALL the other pots). I've been gifting plants to friends and relatives.
Now I'm eager to add some tomato plants, and a small-space potato column, although I'm sure i will be gifting these withing a few weeks too.
I have a certain spot in my house that grows plants really well, unfortunately I'm running out of space.
Find some deep pots, good soil, well lit but protected spot (preferably North facing) and the stuff will be growing more than any one family can use.

Unfortunately the last summer took my 2 [beloved and super producing] potted lemon trees due to excessive heat and I'm not sure if they are able to revive.

Unfortunately the last summer took my 2 [beloved and super producing] potted lemon trees due to excessive heat and I'm not sure if they are able to revive.

How do you have your basil make love? I bought some "japanese" basil that is quiet tasty, smaller leaf than Italian/normal.

Did the heat alone kill your lemon trees or you failed to water them? interesting and sad

sorry I couldn't get you the roof contractor, it turned out to be sour and did not bother to tell you of the typical frustration

We should all go there today.... W-H always buys Precios Cuidados! :D

It is called Alcampo is on the corner of Juramento and Ciudad de la Paz. As for today, Tomate Perita, 1 kg 15,99 ARS$. Not always buy precios cuidados, but I try not to get ripped off, but I guess you like that, right?

The huge ratio in the price of tomate (and lettuce, to be brief) is historical in Argentina. I buy and eat fresh veggies and fruits all year long, so I eat different products often.

Back