Tomato Price

Today, Recoleta, corner of Juncal and Azcuenega, $15kg pear or round, $40kg cherry

I double the reccomendation for "al campo" in Belgrano. Been buying there for months. Great reasonably priced chicken "al campo" also

The huge local avocados are in! (probably a Torres/Hass hybrid from Tucuman most likely) Just bought one for 15 pesos, I wonder what they cost in Salta.
No need for Chilean purebred Hass this week!

The huge local avocados are in! (probably a Torres/Hass hybrid from Tucuman most likely) Just bought one for 15 pesos, I wonder what they cost in Salta.
No need for Chilean purebred Hass this week!

Matt answer pm :eek:

I like the big huge mangoes from Formosa ...you can find them at the fruit place on Vicente Lopez and Rodriguez Pena ...it was 50 for one when I was there, but they are very big. You can rarely find these outside Argentina, or even within. They all go to the luxury fruit market in Japan.

Matt answer pm :eek:

I like the big huge mangoes from Formosa ...you can find them at the fruit place on Vicente Lopez and Rodriguez Pena ...it was 50 for one when I was there, but they are very big. You can rarely find these outside Argentina, or even within. They all go to the luxury fruit market in Japan.

I never knew Argentine mangoes were available commercially but it makes sense because I know they grow in neighboring Paraguay. I thought all mangoes came from Brazil.
Ok :rolleyes:

...it was 50 for one when I was there, but they are very big. You can rarely find these outside Argentina, or even within. They all go to the luxury fruit market in Japan.

Or Argentina for that matter

Not really - prices went down a few weeks after I first posted and have stayed down since then.

Back