Tomato Price

citygirl

Registered
Out of curiosity - what are you guys paying for a kilo of tomatoes? I went today and they were 37 pesos a kilo. :eek: Last week they were 24. The lady told me there was a shortage. Anyway, I was curious what prices are in your neighborhoods (and please sure what neighborhood).

Get this 40 pesos per kilo in chivilcoy and 85 pesos per kilo of t bone steak!something is wrong here :huh: oh and 56 pesos per kilo of pork chops

Mercado central posted about the shortage! Not sure the current price as haven't bought any this week...

El Mercado Central recomienda disminuir transitoriamente el consumo de tomate

May 14, 2015 at 2:48pm

Por un retraso en la producción debido a cuestiones climáticas
El Mercado Central recomienda disminuir transitoriamente el consumo de tomate.

A causa de las abundantes precipitaciones que se produjeron en el noroeste de nuestro país, se ha registrado un retraso en la producción del tomate. Lo cual implica una merma transitoria en los volúmenes de ingreso de dicho producto a los centros de comercialización.

Según las previsiones de los operadores mayoristas, esta situación se irá normalizando paulatinamente dentro aproximadamente quince días.

Como es habitual, ante este tipo de circunstancias climáticas y/o estacionales, el Mercado Central sugiere el reemplazo momentáneo de los productos que puntualmente pudieran verse afectados.

Cabe destacar que, actualmente, existe una excelente provisión del resto de los treinta y cinco productos frutihortícolas que integran la canasta básica.

Out of curiosity - what are you guys paying for a kilo of tomatoes? I went today and they were 37 pesos a kilo. :eek: Last week they were 24. The lady told me there was a shortage. Anyway, I was curious what prices are in your neighborhoods (and please sure what neighborhood).

Is it just because this is the end of the growing season?

Yesterday, 1 Kilo 18 pesos in Juramento y Ciudad de la Paz (Belgrano). What I do find shocking but in a good way is the price of Ecuatorian Bananas, 7,99 for a Kilo and they were actually nice.

It's partly because it's winter but it's also because you guys live in capital and gran Buenos Aires where everything is expensive LOL..

Here we have a "verduleria" that was recommended to us by my mother-in-law and we can get a kilo of tomates for about $16

But we grew little cherry tomatoes "los tomates cherry" they say here ( always makes me laugh ) this year in my little grass plot out front...and Alpahaca also. My argentine wife makes the best "Milanesa de Pollo Caprese" with the muzzarela cheese, alpahaca and the little cherry tomatoes and it's oh so good. Sometimes if I'm a good boy she'll make "fritas al caballo" to go with it!!

It's partly because it's winter but it's also because you guys live in capital and gran Buenos Aires where everything is expensive LOL..

Here we have a "verduleria" that was recommended to us by my mother-in-law and we can get a kilo of tomates for about $16

But we grew little cherry tomatoes "los tomates cherry" they say here ( always makes me laugh ) this year in my little grass plot out front...and Alpahaca also. My argentine wife makes the best "Milanesa de Pollo Caprese" with the muzzarela cheese, alpahaca and the little cherry tomatoes and it's oh so good. Sometimes if I'm a good boy she'll make "fritas al caballo" to go with it!!

Please, albahaca.... if you say alpaca we picture a camelid on top of your milanesa.

Seems like every year there's a "TOMATO CRISIS". Prices go through the roof at least once a year in CABA and there's levels of public complaining about this, then prices drop again a few weeks later.

Back