Tourism open yet?

Look, it's very simple. Argentina under the law cannot forbid its own citizens from entering its territory. Hence if there is an Argentino at the border, the migraciones officials MUST let her in. If an Argentine citizen makes it to EZE somehow they will/must be let in and the airlines will be fined (in case that person did not have all the required docs).

Do not count on Americans-Europeans being let in before January, no.

Last edited:
Se

see you were not believing me!
Haha -- I did believe you. I was just thinking it was coding. As someone pointed even Radex cannot recognize if you are applying for a new residency or extension and asks for documents it should not be asking for simply because of poor coding.

What if one resident of Arg arrives in Arg but has to leave again in 2-3 days. What happens?
A friend with Argentine residency did this recently, flew in to Argentina for a week then left to Brazil. Said were no problems at migrations when leaving but was pretty paranoid about it as essentially leaving quarantine after a week. I think though that there are no rules stopping people leaving the country as long as the next place will accept them. That's according to an old clarin article anyway.

Back to the original post...I’m all over the internet trying to find the latest rules for non-residents being allowed to come to Argentina as tourists in the future. If anyone has the official rules and dates, I’d appreciate it. I know everything is subject to change depending on the virus numbers as well as the whims of politicians though. Is there a reliable site to keep tabs on any updates?

Back to the original post...I’m all over the internet trying to find the latest rules for non-residents being allowed to come to Argentina as tourists in the future. If anyone has the official rules and dates, I’d appreciate it. I know everything is subject to change depending on the virus numbers as well as the whims of politicians though. Is there a reliable site to keep tabs on any updates?
Sorry to disappoint but Argentina is not a country that announces things well in advance. Everything is done last minute. There is no info on when Argentina will allow tourists from non-neighboring countries to come in as tourists. No one knows when they will allow that. My understanding is that they will do a gradual opening — first allowing tourists from rest of South America and eventually rest of the world. If I had to guess, Americans/Europeans won’t be allowed in at least till mid-January. It’s posible it’s even later or not before March and with a vaccine.

for what it's worth Air Canada hasn't even scheduled the flights for January as of now...The only two destinations in South America it currently flies to are Bogota & Sao Paolo...

for what it's worth Air Canada hasn't even scheduled the flights for January as of now...The only two destinations in South America it currently flies to are Bogota & Sao Paolo...
The Air Canada flights for January were cancelled. I don’t expect the February 2nd and onward dates to go ahead either unless borders miraculously open to Canadians

Back