Tourism open yet?

The Air Canada flights for January were cancelled. I don’t expect the February 2nd and onward dates to go ahead either unless borders miraculously open to Canadians
well, there are tons of argies who are Canadian landed immigrants and there is a bunch of Canadians with arg permanent residency as well. United is flying from Houston direct to Ezeiza and there is no restriction for Canadians to fly to US, so Air Canada is losing those few who are still going down there...

The Migraciones information about family members of Argentines being able to enter the country mentions having to take out an insurance policy that covers Covid

IV- SEGURO DE VIAJERO
No debe ser presentado por ciudadanos argentinos o residentes extranjeros en la Argentina.
Es obligatorio en todos los demás casos.
Se sugiere contactar con su seguro de salud / viajero, y solicitarle una nota en la que especifique que la cobertura incluye a la República Argentina, incluida la internación y en su caso el aislamiento por COVID 19, y no tenga exclusiones o limitaciones durante toda la estadía.

Every travel insurance website I've seen here (UK) has said that any travel against government advice will immediately invalidate the policy. Current UK govt advice is against any but essential travel to Argentina, so I'm not sure how to get around this. How are we supposed to get around this?

Is this PCR test required by Argentine authorities the same as RT-PCR testing performed in the US?

for what it's worth Air Canada hasn't even scheduled the flights for January as of now...The only two destinations in South America it currently flies to are Bogota & Sao Paolo...

Air Canada is now showing flights from Toronto to EZE from Jan 26

Air Canada is now showing flights from Toronto to EZE from Jan 26
I see from February 2nd, directly on their site (flight AC092 via SCL). Where are you seeing January 26th? Are you referring to going via Sao Paulo and then connecting on another airlines such as AR or Turkish?

I see from February 2nd, directly on their site (flight AC092 via SCL). Where are you seeing January 26th? Are you referring to going via Sao Paulo and then connecting on another airlines such as AR or Turkish?

Yes it appears that one on the 26th connects through San Paulo.

"Direct" flights from Toronto (Actually a stop in Santiago de Chile) start up in early Feb. I have my eye on a flight Feb 9th (for under $1000 CAD) at the moment..

Anyone have any insight on which airline to fly from EZE to the United States (I'm heading to Boston)? - I want to fly out December 27th-Sunday-but fear that my flight will be cancelled with certain airlines (because they have a rep of canceling). My choices are Delta or American and was leaning towards delta. I keep trying to get information, but you know how it goes .......

Anyone have any insight on which airline to fly from EZE to the United States (I'm heading to Boston)? - I want to fly out December 27th-Sunday-but fear that my flight will be cancelled with certain airlines (because they have a rep of canceling). My choices are Delta or American and was leaning towards delta. I keep trying to get information, but you know how it goes .......
LATAM is your best bet. Plus book your flight 24 h prior departure. No need to book in advance

Last edited:

I just flew EZE to Dallas a couple of days ago, which was one of two options from American, the other was to Miami. I have a personal preference for Delta, but the price on AA was too good. I'm not sure if they have been cancelling flights. I did see cancelled flights from Bariloche to Buenos Aires a couple of weeks ago, which I understand was due to a lack of demand.

Back