Tourism open yet?

Has anyone had any experience with entering as a direct relative of an Argentine? Any issues? I hear the line in migracions is super long and you might have to wait for hours after you land. I also wanted to know about in issues coming from abroad, mostly from Canada and USA and the process at the airport. Thanks in advance

Has anyone had any experience with entering as a direct relative of an Argentine? Any issues? I hear the line in migracions is super long and you might have to wait for hours after you land. I also wanted to know about in issues coming from abroad, mostly from Canada and USA and the process at the airport. Thanks in advance
Yes long lines because they are charging you 9.000 pesos per person (other than the actual AR citizen) and it seems you must pay at the bank branch at the airport and this causes a huge bottleneck. This is what I have heard. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Yes long lines because they are charging you 9.000 pesos per person (other than the actual AR citizen) and it seems you must pay at the bank branch at the airport and this causes a huge bottleneck. This is what I have heard. Hopefully they will fix this soon.
Any issues with the airlines in the USA or Canada letting the passengers on the flights? When I call the Airlines they read the IATA website and nowhere on there does it say direct relatives are allowed. So just a bit nervous about them not having the information, although I am certain there will be multiple people in the same position.

Any issues with the airlines in the USA or Canada letting the passengers on the flights? When I call the Airlines they read the IATA website and nowhere on there does it say direct relatives are allowed. So just a bit nervous about them not having the information, although I am certain there will be multiple people in the same position.
When are you flying to AR?

what's the 9 grand for? they said PCR was supposed to cost 2500 for the non residents.
CVBA - which airport are you leaving from in Canada? Did you figure out where to get the PCR done? BC doesn't do private tests unless it's for essential travel...They are so overwhelmed that the results takes up to 6 days, which renders them useless...

what's the 9 grand for? they said PCR was supposed to cost 2500 for the non residents.
CVBA - which airport are you leaving from in Canada? Did you figure out where to get the PCR done? BC doesn't do private tests unless it's for essential travel...They are so overwhelmed that the results takes up to 6 days, which renders them useless...
Alberta.... have my private COVID test booked on the 22nd with 24-48 turnaround time. I will be at 68.5 hours when I depart on my first flight so I should be ok to have my results in time to attach them to the DDJJ and still meet the 72 hours requirement from "first embarkation point". Then after that is a success I have to hope the airline in the USA is up to date on the direct relatives.. like DSP27 said hopefully it'll be fine by then.

Back