Tourism open yet?

If I understand this, tourists must do a test within 72 hours of departure and then again after arriving in Argentina. They must also have health insurance with Covid coverage. Citizens and residents have to take a test on arrival but not before, nothing else.

I don't understand this: "Además de los turistas que residen en Argentina".... What tourist resides in Argentina? Did someone close the wrong verb?
I guess people (like me) who are here on 90 day stamps, don’t have a Dni etc but I do live here

"Ademas de los turistas que residen en Argentina" refers to the Argentine tourists who go abroad for their holiday and return I would think.

For me it's not 100% clear whether someone like me who enters the country as a resident but have not necessarily been on holiday IE arriving from Europe will be able to follow this protocol of testing on arrival. I really hope so!
In any case I'm due back in January so hopefully by then everything will be clear.

Will one be confined to BA province upon arrival or can you travel to other provinces too?

Meanwhile, from December 15, the tests will begin on all tourists who arrive through the Ezeiza airport, currently the only one authorized to operate. In the case of foreign tourists, in addition to the test upon arrival, they would be required to submit an online sworn statement; perform a test at origin 72 hours in advance (requirement of the National Government) and medical insurance with Covid-19 coverage. To the nationals and residents of Buenos Aires who return, in addition to the test upon arrival, submit a sworn statement online.

What are the rules for Argentines and DNI holders entering Argentina from
Abroad? Do they accept a pcr test ? Or pcr test is allowed as an acceptance to skip 14 day quarantine for tourists from
Neighbouring countries only

What are the rules for Argentines and DNI holders entering Argentina from
Abroad? Do they accept a pcr test ? Or pcr test is allowed as an acceptance to skip 14 day quarantine for tourists from
Neighbouring countries only
No... 14 day quarantine still for Argentines/residents no matter what. Note that it is not enforced as far as I know so...

No... 14 day quarantine still for Argentines/residents no matter what. Note that it is not enforced as far as I know so...

Sorry, even after 15 December Argentines/residents have to do a 15 day quarantine? If so, m where is this stated?

Now, unless I am reading this incorrectly, it looks like the new "opening" in December is limited to Argentinian residents and citizens of Brazil, Paraguay, Chile, Bolivia and Uruguay. So, Europeans and Americans will still be on the naughty list...

Wow so much confusion! I've contacted the consulate office here in Toronto and asked. I'll post their response here once I receive it.

Back