Tourism open yet?

Does anyone know if there is likely to be any further guidance between now and Christmas for Europeans/North Americans who wish to enter Argentina? I guess we will continue to be locked out for sometime yet.

Does anyone know if there is likely to be any further guidance between now and Christmas for Europeans/North Americans who wish to enter Argentina? I guess we will continue to be locked out for sometime yet.
President Alberto Fernández announced this Friday that the restrictions due to the coronavirus will continue at least until December 20 when the current stage that governs the entire country until Sunday ends. The new stage of what began with the quarantine in March will be with practically the entire country in the phase of “social distancing”. The details of the announcement made from the Government House with the Minister of Health, Ginés González García and the head of PAMI, Luana Volnovich.

I know this means no Colombian flights....which is what I am watching for. There is news out there about these further lockouts until Dec. 20.

The Argentinian border remains closed for other foreigners until December 20th, 2020.

Sadly, other international tourism from the USA of Europe is not allowed. The border remains closed for other foreigners (see exceptions above). Also, a stop-over in one of the countries mentioned above is not possible. Your passport needs to be from one of those countries (Brasil, Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia or Chile).

Last edited:
It's out y'all. Enters into force from the 3rd day of publication (today), so as of Friday, 4 December.
It seems that the rules have been tweaked (if it's not just an oversight) to now require the PCR sample up to 72hs before the TRAVEL, and not before entry as it's currently.
Interesting point. They have made it mandatory for everyone (even argentinos) to have a PCR(-) in order to fly to Argentina. Since Argentina cannot prohibit the entry of its own citizens, if you try to come thru a land border you can opt out of producing a PCR and do a 14 day quarantine. But this option is not available if you fly, Argentina will fine any airline that allows a passenger to board the plane without a PCR(-) but they will still admit that Argentino (as they are required by law) if they somehow make it to Ezeiza. I still feel that legally this requirement for Argentines is unconstitutional, but it's what it is unless some judge intervenes .
Another interesting point. If you have had Covid in the past 90 days you don't need to do a PCR, just have a "certificado" confirming the diagnostico.

Check the Anexo.

I travel for about 30 hours will I get away with showing a test at checkin from the point of departure?

I travel for about 30 hours will I get away with showing a test at checkin from the point of departure?
You ATTACH the test results in the electronic/online declaration which you must complete before you check in for your flight. The declaration can be submitted from 48hs and up to 10 min before your flight BUT since you will need to at check-in show the proof of having submitted the declaration (showing the email on the phone is fine) in reality you must have completed the declaration before you check-in.
NOTE: this enters into force on Friday. If you arrive before this Friday, they will not ask for a PCR.

Back