Tourist questions : Cash for three weeks in BA?

Well the price of a chica pizza at Las Cuartetas went from this in March

SmartSelect_20221109-190250_SmugMug.jpg
To this

20221109_170633.jpg

So I would say that my pizza has doubled while my money has gone from 195 pesos to 285 pesos per USD

So less value now... basically that pizza went from 6usd to 7.25 usd for a super cuartetas

Hello everyone
I'm back. Just for a week.
Intend to have another phenomenal time here again. Then I'm off to Qatar for the world cup :)
My passage through customs was super smooth.

The higher exchange is even more phenomenal for me, but I'm sure it's just gotten worse for locals in the last 6 months.

I will say, the engagement on this board was phenomenal and a large part in helping me be comfortable quickly :)

I have my usual bars to hit but if anyone has a new recommendation, please let me know :)
Have you been to Doppelgänger Bar in San Telmo? I'd add that to the list and if you sit at the bar, even better. I've always had great service but admittedly haven't been back recently. Friends have and say it's still as good. There is also a great new tiny bar called Chintonteria in Belgrano that focuses on iterations of the gin tonic. Decent fixed price lunch option at Aramburu Bis in Recoleta as well. The bar upstairs at Los Galgos Restaurant is also great. No signage but if you ask the servers they'll point you up there. All of these can be found on their instagram pages for more info. Have a great time!

Back