Tourist Visa Controls - 12 Colombians Deported At Eze

Do people on this site seriously take Buquebus to Montevideo and fly from there just to avoid Ezeiza? Isn't it much more expensive? Fewer connections? Hard to believe it would be worth it, unless you were hiding some seriously sketchy passport stamps. Maybe cheaper and easier to get a brand new passport with expedited service when you're visiting your home country!

Do people on this site seriously take Buquebus to Montevideo and fly from there just to avoid Ezeiza? Isn't it much more expensive? Fewer connections? Hard to believe it would be worth it, unless you were hiding some seriously sketchy passport stamps. Maybe cheaper and easier to get a brand new passport with expedited service when you're visiting your home country!

its 2014. EZE has all your data on their computer system. A replaced passport wont hide your sins!

its 2014. EZE has all your data on their computer system. A replaced passport wont hide your sins!

While they may have all your info in the computer system, that does not mean that the agent looking over your passport has that info. Otherwise why would they ever look through your passport, they would simply see the date/time calculations on their computer. They are working on syncing all their systems but earliest dates of that have been given as early to middle of 2015.

Also for some countries like the US a replacement passport comes with a new #, as I have my reciprocity in my old passport I can assure you that they are not just easily linked in their systems as the first time through the guy had to do a lot of typing and grumbling to find the info he needed to write in my new passport.

While they may have all your info in the computer system, that does not mean that the agent looking over your passport has that info.

You could be right but then unless you work in the immigration deptt yourself or have worked for international police or have some inside information, you can not be so sure that just changing one's passport number and book can make one hide away all his/her past records. especially considering we are discussing biometric passports/ thumb prints on every arrival/departure.

Maybe its very easy to just glance at the passport stamps but in abscence of stamps, its not unlikely that they may not be able to access your past records basis your name or thumb print or biometric info contained in your passport.

So changing the passport book may work but it may not be a 100% proof plan.

I think the would have the info, if they looked for it, but not at the desk and it might take searching. As for the biometrics, they don't use them to search/identify, at least not yet, otherwise they would take them before they pull up your record, and not after, right now are not doing anything with them other than keeping records, same with your photo, it's taken after.

You could be right but then unless you work in the immigration deptt yourself or have worked for international police or have some inside information, you can not be so sure that just changing one's passport number and book can make one hide away all his/her past records. especially considering we are discussing biometric passports/ thumb prints on every arrival/departure.

Maybe its very easy to just glance at the passport stamps but in abscence of stamps, its not unlikely that they may not be able to access your past records basis your name or thumb print or biometric info contained in your passport.

So changing the passport book may work but it may not be a 100% proof plan.

The passport number makes no difference, they see the name and birth day, they are not retarded, they know about the change of numbers, hellooooooo.

I think the would have the info, if they looked for it, but not at the desk and it might take searching. As for the biometrics, they don't use them to search/identify, at least not yet, otherwise they would take them before they pull up your record, and not after, right now are not doing anything with them other than keeping records, same with your photo, it's taken after.

They have all the info right there, on tursday i m going to upload the screen they see (i have it at the office).

The passport number makes no difference, they see the name and birth day, they are not retarded, they know about the change of numbers, hellooooooo.

Thanks Bajo.

I was trying to explain this to them, politely. But you said it "straight on the face"!

All the guessing, assuming and estimating and what ifs. I have been on this forum a short time but I clearly see that Bajo and others have laid it all out pretty clearly. I think for some of you its time to make some decisions based where you want to be in the future. From what I have read 2 years without leaving and you can apply for citizenship or perhaps you qualify for residency either way there is mostly likey a way. That is if Argentina is what you want for your future. While pondering your options take good long look around you, concider the politics, lack of infastruture, economy, portential for social instability and other factors going forward. Then make decisions based on the reliable information posted on these forums by Bajo and others. Because if you do get the boot at the boarder then you no longer get make any decisions about your future as it relates to Argentina. At least for sometime or even up to 5 years.

All the guessing, assuming and estimating and what ifs. I have been on this forum a short time but I clearly see that Bajo and others have laid it all out pretty clearly. I think for some of you its time to make some decisions based where you want to be in the future. From what I have read 2 years without leaving and you can apply for citizenship or perhaps you qualify for residency either way there is mostly likey a way. That is if Argentina is what you want for your future. While pondering your options take good long look around you, concider the politics, lack of infastruture, economy, portential for social instability and other factors going forward. Then make decisions based on the reliable information posted on these forums by Bajo and others. Because if you do get the boot at the boarder then you no longer get make any decisions about your future as it relates to Argentina. At least for sometime or even up to 5 years.

And what does that have to do with "12 colombians deported"?

Back