tourist visa not renewed in Colonia!

John.St said:
If you have a prórroga (extension) from migraciones, the date cannot be overridden.

Example: You have a prórroga from migraciones until May 20. You must leave Argentina no later than that date, but if you return before or on May 20, you are "doomed" to get a stamp with a handwritten date "hasta 20 mayo". This is why I always warn people to stay away from migraciones. It means that in this example you have to stay in Uruguay until May 21, on and after which date nobody (normally) cares, you are just another tourist.

Thank You John,
So, my option is, to leave June 13, my last legal day, stay one night in Uruguay, and then come back AFTER the day written on my passport. I will then be a "new" tourist, if you will.

Thanks Again,
Drew

RobinsonGO said:
Thank You John,
So, my option is, to leave June 13, my last legal day, stay one night in Uruguay, and then come back AFTER the day written on my passport. I will then be a "new" tourist, if you will.

Thanks Again,
Drew
In principle - in principle - you should not be allowed back until after 180 days out of the country, but that has never happened to anyone on BAexpats, because nobody cares - estamos en Argentina - and the government, although somewhat erratic, is not stupid and knows on which side of the bread the butter is.
The "permatourists" transfer between one and two billion pesos in foreign currency per year to Argentina, perhaps even more, as nobody knows exactly how many there are except for "many more than 50,000".

You will not be a "new" tourist, you'll be any tourist.

If however, you plan to stay for more than two years, you should read about Bajo_cero2's clever scheme: http://baexpats.org/expat-life/10837-argentine-citizenship-foreigners-4.html#post79019 to get an Argentinian citizenship with the least hazzle.

There is a wonderful clause in
Migraciones Decreto 616/2010, Anexo I reglamentacion de la ley nº 25.871 y sus modificatorias titulo preliminar politica migratoria Argentina capitulo I ambito de aplicacion articulo 1º.:

"En caso de duda, deberá estarse a lo que resulte más favorable al inmigrante."

Yes, but you must go to Court to enforze it.
The best is to stay irregular without traveling to Colonia. Regards

Back