Tourist Visa Renewal At Ezeiza

John1017

Registered
I know this has been discussed hundreds of times but I thought I would just ask (forgive me for being lazy and not looking this up on the migraciones websites).

Has anyone paid the fee recently. My tourist visa expired June 2014 but I'm going back to the USA and figured I'd pay at Ezieza.

Do people recommend I pay? Is it still 600 pesos? Do they still do it right there next to the arrivals doors?

I'm leaving Argentina via Ezeiza in two weeks, and I've overstayed my tourist visa by almost two years. From what I understand you check in, then go to migrations near taxi Ezieza and then pay the fine at the bank and then go back to migrations then back to airline check in.

Has anyone done this in the past six months? The fee use to be 300, now it's 600. My questions really stem from the fact that I want to leave as smoothly as possible. I do plan on getting residency from my argentine wife so this will be the last time I have to pay an overstay fee.

I imagine it's easier than I think, but of course with a big trip I worry about the small things.

You can't check-in until you have paid the fine. Go with your passport to migrations and get the form, take it to the bank and pay in cash (you'll get the form stamped), get back to migrations to get more stamps and take the formula with you to check-in.
I did it several times and even though you should calculate quite a bit of time for safety, it never took me more than 30 minutes total. If you are on a tight schedule, you can also do it in advance up to 10 days.

The bus has migration checks too. Not sure how it would be beneficial to go that way rather than just go early to the airport and pay your fine.

I'm going to be extra early for my flight. To buy my daughters plane ticket and to take care of tourist visa. Someday I'll deal with becoming a resident through my argentine wife so I won't have to deal with the tourist visa again.

I'm going to be extra early for my flight. To buy my daughters plane ticket and to take care of tourist visa. Someday I'll deal with becoming a resident through my argentine wife so I won't have to deal with the tourist visa again.

You can also pay it within 10 days of your departure at the Migraciones office at Retiro station.

The bus has migration checks too. Not sure how it would be beneficial to go that way rather than just go early to the airport and pay your fine.

There is one guy at Ezeiza that has xenophobia. You don't have it elsewhere.
Going by bus you cross by Entre Rios where you have the best federal chamber in the country.

Back