Tpb Blocked In Argentina

Bricky

Registered
Thought this might be of interest to some:http://geekye.infone...e-argentina.php

La medida precautoria ordena a Speedy, Movistar, Fibertel, Primera Red Interactiva de Medios Argentinos, Telecentro, IPLAN, Arnet, Personal, Metrotel, SION, Sinectis y Claro a bloquear el acceso a sus clientes/usuarios a los servidores de The Pirate Bay.​

La medida incluye todas las direcciones en donde funciona el sitio, y se especifican en el escrito: "thepiratebay.org, piratebay.org, thepiratebay.se, piratebay.se, thepiratebay.com, thepiratebay.net, piratebay.net, thepiratebay.is, thepiratebay.gl, thepiratebay.de, thepiratebay.sx, piratebay.sx", además, se notifica que lo que debe hacerse es "bloquear el acceso a través de direcciones IP en las que opera TPB, las cuales van del rango 194.71.107.0 a 194.71.107.255".​

And yes, verified a moment ago. The entire subnet is black-holed.

Edit: looks like they're just blocking the ip addresses, not the dns (which, if I'm reading this correctly, they should also be doing?). Not that it matters in the slightest though.

Code:
$ dig thepiratebay.se @200.49.130.40
; <<>> DiG 9.8.3-P1 <<>> thepiratebay.se @200.49.130.40
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 10257
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;thepiratebay.se.  IN A
;; ANSWER SECTION:
thepiratebay.se. 37328 IN A 194.71.107.27
;; Query time: 13 msec
;; SERVER: 200.49.130.40#53(200.49.130.40)
;; WHEN: Tue Jul  1 09:59:16 2014
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 49
$ whois 200.49.130.40 | grep owner
owner:	   CABLEVISION S.A.
ownerid:	 AR-CASA10-LACNIC
owner-c:	 NEA
% Types of queries are: POCs, ownerid, CIDR blocks, IP

"...y tras una solicitud judicial de las firmas discográficas..."

Three cheers for our far left, stick-it-to-the-man, anti-big business government.

/s

Update: Article in English with a copy of the order from the National Communications Commission.

It says Argentina is the first in LatAm to toe the line. We're #1! :eek:

We're taking money out of the street DVD sellers pockets must protect them!

I know that wasn't the case but I could completely imagine a protest by street protesters against the pirate bay.

It was like the story that came out last night about a woman who lived in the villa who went to the fiscalia because some people were squatting in her house.

Philip - do you have a link to that? So funny.

I'll try and find it on google, I remember I read it in the print edition of lanacion last year.

Es el mundo al revés; here we have whole groups of legislators advocating for the rights of mafias and individual criminals to extort fees for parking in free public parking spaces.

Back