Transferring funds to buy apartment

Hi
Im local and not expert in this field and not interested since have no money BUT
I'm pretty sure there are MANY argentineans interesed in get money outside the country and they are willing to pay up to 5% for givin fresh USD here (securer for you if they pay with a LOCAL bank transfer 100% comission free.

and you transfer your money to an account of him in ireland, uk, wherever country that CAN FALL ... but have history about taking the money from the banks

In short WIN WIN situation

May I just thank everyone for their replies, advice and opinion. Very decent of people to take the time. I had known that this was not perhaps straightforward, but the thread is 3 pages long and has so many different recommendations!
While Ceviche's suggestion does have some merit, for many reasons it won't be practical for myself and my mother in law to travel to Hong Kong together.
Hmmmm

You could always choose an Escribano from the City of Buenos Aires, that are a lot more trustworthy! The Escribanos from the Province of Buenos Aires, aren't controlled and tend to be corrupt.

Anyway you don't need to trust the Escribano with money, you just have to set up that the day the transfer hits the bank, you sign the deed. Not very difficult, since you can always have the Bank keep the money blocked for a couple of days, if you have a problem with the Escribano...

Fabe said:
Putting in my unsolicited 2 cents.
Dont trust any escribano. They are , for the most part , scum.
After I obtained an eviction to get my property back , the scoundrels that were living here were in cahoots with EVERY escribano from brandsen to longchamps. The escribanos were the ones that would forge the paperwork and the inmobiliarios were the ones that would actually sell the "posesiones" to people that were willing to buy them.
Being an escribano does not go hand in hand with being honest. Get everything in writing. If they are unwilling to give you a contract for their services or if they stall in doing so , run the other way

There are a million ways to do this and Argentina is the place where those million and one ways happen.

The cheapest and most dynamic solution I know of:
https://intersango.com/

It's cheapest because the people running it aren't charging fees because they are encouraging a decentralised, inflation regulated cryptocurrency called Bitcoin. There are bigger businesses using the system which charge a fee but I won't link to them here to keep within forum rules.

You don't have to use Bitcoin to use these exchanges. You can keep the cash out of Argentina if you wish, which seems to be the advice here.

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to offer some suggestions or advice. The phrase there is more than one way to skin a cat comes to mind!
Interesting idea the Bitcoin, that's the first I've heard of it.
I am waiting to see what my mother in law would like to do with the cash from the sale. The idea of keeping it out off Argentina might suit her, but I do not really have confidence in Irish banks or the euro either.

pedroire said:
Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to offer some suggestions or advice. The phrase there is more than one way to skin a cat comes to mind!
Interesting idea the Bitcoin, that's the first I've heard of it.
I am waiting to see what my mother in law would like to do with the cash from the sale. The idea of keeping it out off Argentina might suit her, but I do not really have confidence in Irish banks or the euro either.

Try banks in Hong kong or Singapore, you won't be disappointed.

Back