Transferring Money From Overseas Into Argentina Bank Account

Somewhereinba

Registered
It looks to me like Argentine bank accounts have a very unique method of identifying... Has anyone managed to successfully transfer money from an overseas account to an Argentine one (USD or Peso account). If so what information was required and were there any issues?

It looks to me like Argentine bank accounts have a very unique method of identifying... Has anyone managed to successfully transfer money from an overseas account to an Argentine one (USD or Peso account). If so what information was required and were there any issues?
if you transfer from abroad, you need to do it to an account in USD ( some banks have accounts in euro ). You will need the account number, swift code and sometimes routing banks ( intermediaries ). If you call your local bank they will give you all the information or it might be on their website.

if you transfer from abroad, you need to do it to an account in USD ( some banks have accounts in euro ). You will need the account number, swift code and sometimes routing banks ( intermediaries ). If you call your local bank they will give you all the information or it might be on their website.
Yes it is a USD account - I got given intermediary bank ID in USA then bank in Argentina? Not sure if I should transfer to that since I can only list one account to transfer to using online banking.

My understanding is that in the bank wire form you fill out using the intermediary acct swift etc,then u list the recipients acct info/name/dni in the information section , I did this before transferring to banco piano from canada.

My understanding is that in the bank wire form you fill out using the intermediary acct swift etc,then u list the recipients acct info/name/dni in the information section , I did this before transferring to banco piano from canada.
Yer it looks like it will have to be done in person - online banking options don't provide any space to put in that info.

A number of years ago I tried to transfer US$ to Buenos Aires and the bank, HSBC, wouldn't give me the money and charged me $40US to return it to my bank which also charged me. It was a test run so I only sent $100US. Times have (hopefully) changed. Please keep us informed: which bank, did it work, how much did it cost you, how long does it take, etc.

Good luck,

T/

Yer it looks like it will have to be done in person - online banking options don't provide any space to put in that info.

Depends on the bank.

Chase definitely lets you list intermediary banks when sending a wire online, as well as space to put a message to the intermediary bank, to the receiving bank and to the recipient. DNI could go in either of the latter 2 fields.

I used Casa Puente years ago.
Depends on the amount $$$ you want to transfer.
You might have to show the source of the $$$.
https://www.puentenet.com/home/home.action.
Casa Puente has been around over 100 years.

So the transfer worked - I had to pay my own banks transfer fees. The beneficiary had to provide a lot of documents to his bank which to be honest I'm not sure what ones but its not easy. So it can be done if the funds are 'legal' and the beneficiary has his/her house in order. It was a USD account. In the end a lot cheaper than trying to use an intermediary that could in some ways 'hide' the transfer (I think they charge upwards of 5% which is ridiculous now given the new openness of Argentine banks since Macri came in).

When I first came to BA my real estate agent's money man helped me to open a bank account at HSBC. A year later the bank made me close the account because I had no DNI. May I open a bank account (preferably in USD) with no DNI? I am married to an Arg citizen.

Back