Travel From Ba To Posados

Tori

Registered
What's the most affordable way to travel 600 miles? Is there a highway type of road between BA and Posados that sees a lot of daily traffic?

Reactions: ben
What's the most affordable way to travel 600 miles? Is there a highway type of road between BA and Posados that sees a lot of daily traffic?

There's not a lot of reason to go to Posadas, which has little to see in its own right, though the well-preserved Jesuit mission ruins of the Paraguayan side are interesting. The Iberá wetlands are far more worth seeing.

There is no train anymore. I took it once - quite an experience, good and bad.
Posadas looked very poor and third world to me.

The Jesuit ruins at San Ignacio are fabulous. By the way, Argentina IS a third world country, just in case you have not noticed it.

After MANY years in Argentina I know what the economy and social conditions are. I don't know that I would classify Argentina as truly "third world" however. There are MANY far, far worse off nations in the world, including in Latin America. Posadas looked a lot poorer to me than some other cities in Argentina which is why I made that comment. There is certainly poverty in Argentina but on the whole it is not nearly as severe as in many other countries, including countries where there is virtually no social umbrella.

That sounds really nice. I Wish I had come to this forum earlier in planning. I will look up all these destinations tonight.

Though, sightseeing will be secondary. I am from Las Vegas and am a lover of culture, being without much of it here... learning language and generally taking myself out of my own comfort zone are my main goals for my stay in Argentina. I'll do it safely, of course :)

Im volunteering in Posados near piranha river for a place to stay. I'm couch surfing or staying at hostels in buenos aires. Money's tight, mind is wide open.

$90usd to and from Posados. Thank you!

That sounds really nice. I Wish I had come to this forum earlier in planning. I will look up all these destinations tonight.

Though, sightseeing will be secondary. I am from Las Vegas and am a lover of culture, being without much of it here... learning language and generally taking myself out of my own comfort zone are my main goals for my stay in Argentina. I'll do it safely, of course :)

Im volunteering in Posados near piranha river for a place to stay. I'm couch surfing or staying at hostels in buenos aires. Money's tight, mind is wide open.

$90usd to and from Posados. Thank you!

The river is the Paraná, though it does have pirañas (Spanish-language spelling rather than Potuguese).

Back