Travel to Europe?

I'm actually in a similar situation, my concern with going anywhere in Europe right now is getting caught in another lockdown should one happen (this is almost given since cases always rise after tourism resumes), something that worries me more than COVID itself. I'm considering getting an RV and parking it somewhere in Colorado for the summer rather than dealing with crossing any borders before the fall.

Last edited:
I'm actually in a similar situation, my concern with going anywhere in Europe right now is getting caught in another lockdown should one happen (this is almost given since cases always rise after tourism resumes), something that worries me more than COVID itself. I'm considering getting an RV and parking it somewhere in Colorado for the summer rather than deal crossing any borders before the fall.

Sounds good to me!

I thought the Peruvian guy selling white powder in the morning in Amsterdam would have something high quality.
Was pure - Persil. Forewarned is forearmed...

The same goes for the Red Light District. I remember back in the 90s an Amsterdam cop handing me a pamphlet that said, "BE CAREFUL, not all of them are women..."

The same goes for the Red Light District. I remember back in the 90s an Amsterdam cop handing me a pamphlet that said, "BE CAREFUL, not all of them are women..."
Chicks with dicks are twice the fun

I'm actually in a similar situation, my concern with going anywhere in Europe right now is getting caught in another lockdown should one happen (this is almost given since cases always rise after tourism resumes), something that worries me more than COVID itself. I'm considering getting an RV and parking it somewhere in Colorado for the summer rather than dealing with crossing any borders before the fall.

I wouldn't worry too much about that Renzi. It's gonna be different than last year, with the vaccination programs starting to show their effects.

@Jeff: what kind of place/holiday you're looking for in Southern Europe? What you've already seen/really would like to see for a first time? And you're thinking about going in July? Elaborate a bit more, and I might be able to give you some good advices where to go.

I wouldn't worry too much about that Renzi. It's gonna be different than last year, with the vaccination programs starting to show their effects.

@Jeff: what kind of place/holiday you're looking for in Southern Europe? What you've already seen/really would like to see for a first time? And you're thinking about going in July? Elaborate a bit more, and I might be able to give you some good advices where to go.

We loved Sevilla, Malaga, and the Algarve, this time we were thinking of the Lisbon area and the Algarve.

@Renzi This may be a good time to visit those places we think about but that never make it to the top of our lists, like Banff.

Currently I and my family are in Europe. Our flight back to Argentina is scheduled for the end of August. As my wife is a non-resident here and I am not a resident in Argentina, we might have to spend a few months outside the Schengen area in Europe until the situation in Argentina normalizes and we can go back (normalize means that there are flights and spouses / father of Arg citizens are permitted to go back again).

Anyone with a great idea?
* ideally warm weather / beach
* rent an apartment that is big enough to live and work
* ideal would be a complex which has some kind of child care included (we have a 4 and 2 year old)
* reasonably safe
* no (or few) Covid restrictions, not risking to get stranded in another lockdown

I know Brazil fairly well, though I have never seen something that comes close to what I am looking for now. Is Yucatan / Mexico a better option (the last time I was in Playa del Carmen it was a small village, so a long time ago)? Costa Rica?

Currently I and my family are in Europe. Our flight back to Argentina is scheduled for the end of August. As my wife is a non-resident here and I am not a resident in Argentina, we might have to spend a few months outside the Schengen area in Europe until the situation in Argentina normalizes and we can go back (normalize means that there are flights and spouses / father of Arg citizens are permitted to go back again).

Anyone with a great idea?
* ideally warm weather / beach
* rent an apartment that is big enough to live and work
* ideal would be a complex which has some kind of child care included (we have a 4 and 2 year old)
* reasonably safe
* no (or few) Covid restrictions, not risking to get stranded in another lockdown

I know Brazil fairly well, though I have never seen something that comes close to what I am looking for now. Is Yucatan / Mexico a better option (the last time I was in Playa del Carmen it was a small village, so a long time ago)? Costa Rica?
If you want to stay in Europe...
Bulgaria or Croatia. Both are not in Schengen but in the EU and have good weather thru October.
Sofia, Bulgaria (mid-size city, walkable, lots of parks, cheap rent, and good quality services, fast internet, subway system...). Stay downtown.
Bulgarian Black Sea coast. September is still warm and quiet. Smaller towns, cities. One option is Varna. Cheap rent, beach, lot's of parks. Great for families.
Plovdiv, Bulgaria is also a good option.
Croatia, somewhere on the beach I guess. Zagreb is okay.

Last edited:
Or Cyprus... which is pretty much one big apartment complex by the beach ;) No restrictions either other than need to download a “safe pass” if tested / vaccinated to do indoor things etc.

Back