Traveling to BA

koltiskap

Registered
Hi there everyone,

I am currently a student in the US and am graduating in the fall and am wanting to move down to Argentina for a year. I am an arts person, studying acting at my University, and I would love to do some arts work in BA. That being said, I know that there may not be a whole lot of opportunities and I am also looking at teaching English (I study and speak Spanish as well). My first question is, is there really any chance for me to come to BA anytime this coming summer, considering covid restrictions? If possible, any ideas on how to go about setting up my time there and finding arts/teaching jobs? Any and all information helps :)

Welcome! Check out these 2 threads started by a person with similar questions, and by the end definitely segued into territory you'd be interested in!

Noone knows if AR will open for tourists anytime soon.
AR opened briefly for neighboring countries, and closed even that.

Good luck and ask away if something isn't covered in those threads.

The Argentine Embassy of the country you're in would or should be your first port of call.I personally think you'd have to be 'loco' to come here the now unless you have family here.

The Argentine Embassy of the country you're in would or should be your first port of call.I personally think you'd have to be 'loco' to come here the now unless you have family here.
I understand that. I may be a little loco. I just am gonna be a college grad and I want to see the world, you know?

If you're itching to go somewhere when this summer comes, it's going to be warm in Europe. Maybe consider checking out Madrid or Barcelona. Of course noone knows what the situation will be there either, they are going through their new covid wave as we speak. But there's a chance they will come out of it when the weather warms up this summer.

Don't get me wrong, it's still nice temps and good vibes in BA year round, but you will notice a difference in May to November, when the weather is cooler and things are less hyped than their summer (Nov-April).

There are over 500 small theaters in BA. The arts scene in general is far better than Madrid, and its a much more interesting and exciting city than Barcelona is these days, in my opinion.

But getting in to Argentina on a tourist visa is currently impossible.
And nobody knows when this may change.
Its possible that it may be do-able in summer or fall.

The winter in Argentina is mild, and there is still a lot going on.
Its snowed in Buenos Aires exactly once in the last 100 years, and it didnt stick.

I have been in Barcelona in winter- its cold.

I would hold out for Argentina, myself.

If you are looking into teaching English I'd look to opportunities online.

Market is extremely saturated just now due to the pandemic but it's still possible to pull in 1k or 1.5k USD a month which would get you a one bedroom flat in a nice area of BA with enough left over to enjoy Buenos Aires.

I understand that. I may be a little loco. I just am gonna be a college grad and I want to see the world, you know?

I just think it would be wiser to postpone travelling, never mind staying and working, in this part of the world for a while yet. Until we know if the pandemic situation is going to get better or worse.

I wasn't looking to come until after July. Does anyone know if they have the vaccine available in Argentina and are starting to distribute it?

There are over 500 small theaters in BA. The arts scene in general is far better than Madrid, and its a much more interesting and exciting city than Barcelona is these days, in my opinion.

But getting in to Argentina on a tourist visa is currently impossible.
And nobody knows when this may change.
Its possible that it may be do-able in summer or fall.

The winter in Argentina is mild, and there is still a lot going on.
Its snowed in Buenos Aires exactly once in the last 100 years, and it didnt stick.

I have been in Barcelona in winter- its cold.

I would hold out for Argentina, myself.
Would you happen to know if there is a film scene in Argentina?

Back