Traveling To Cuba From Argentina.

nlaruccia

Registered
Just out of curiosity. Has anyone with a U.S. passport ever traveled to Cuba via Argentina? My friend will be visiting Buenos Aires and he was told if he buys a charter flight he can travel to Cuba with a tourist visa without having to stamp his U.S. passport so that there's no trace of him ever having traveled there. I assume he'll have to buy the airplane ticket to and from Argentina to Cuba in Argentina, and buy his U.S. to Argentina to U.S. ticket while in the States.

that would mean that at your arrival at " Aeropuerto Internacional Jose Marti" they will not ask for your passport????
dificult to believe....
ask the consulate

Friends travel via Cancun. flights like every hour, no stamps on passport. Also via Mexico City.

Thank you for the input. I've heard that they don't stamp your passport in Cuba because they're encouraging tourism.

I have traveled to Cuba about half a dozen times over the past two years, originating in Argentina each time and traveling on Copa Airlines (which means a change of planes in Panama City). Copa very often has attractive business class fares to HAV out of EZE and the aircraft used on the EZE-PTY route has a nearly lie flat business class product and on demand PTV's. Upon arrival at PTY, you must go to a customer service desk and buy a Cuban "tourist card" for $25 USD; this card will be stamped in lieu of stamping your passport and MUST be surrendered upon exit from Cuba. The immigration and customs procedures at HAV can be intimidating but if you are an obvious legitimate tourist there will be no issues (the first time I went back in 2007 I was alone, it was the Bush years, and I was detained and questioned at Immigration for forty minutes, followed by another detention and full body strip search at Customs. I admit at that time I did resemble an intelligence officer; carrying a US passport, residing in Argentina, and having just arrived from Medellin).

thanks sleaze merchant. where do u stay in Havana. any links? recommendations?

(the first time I went back in 2007 I was alone, it was the Bush years, and I was detained and questioned at Immigration for forty minutes, followed by another detention and full body strip search at Customs. I admit at that time I did resemble an intelligence officer; carrying a US passport, residing in Argentina, and having just arrived from Medellin).

It ain't easy bein' sleazy.

Back