Traveling with Residencia Transitoria

facutabo

Registered
Can you travel abroad and return to Argentina while you have a residencia transitoria? My girlfriend is studying Spanish here and got a residencia transitoria for 3 months. Can she visit her country (Russia) and come back? Also, can we go to Uruguay for a few days?

Immigration regulations are different for each nationality. The Norm was that residents have to travel even within mercosur with DNI plus passport.

i don't know about the residencia transitoria rules, but any travel to another country will be subject to their immigration rules for your nationality.

e.g. if uruguay requires a visa for russians, then you need a visa to go there. regardless if you have a DNI here.

Russians don't need visa to travel to Uruguay as tourists for 90 days

i don't know about the residencia transitoria rules, but any travel to another country will be subject to their immigration rules for your nationality.

e.g. if uruguay requires a visa for russians, then you need a visa to go there. regardless if you have a DNI here.
That is not necessarily true, i went to Brazil with DNI and that was enough ( though with my passport I would need a visa for Brazil ).
Same applies to Colombia - but the DNI has to be permanent.

That is not necessarily true, i went to Brazil with DNI and that was enough ( though with my passport I would need a visa for Brazil ).
Same applies to Colombia - but the DNI has to be permanent.
does your permanent DNI say extranjero on it?

Back