Travellers to be quarantined on arrival

Anyone else have experience coming in recently? Wife (Argentinian) is adamant about returning high or hell water

I think it's clear you will have to endure a two week quarantine. The question is: will they allow you and your wife to do it together? The original order states that quarantine must be solitary. If so, where will the two of you go? Can't your wife wait wherever you are (US?) until this crisis is over?

Here is what Colombia is doing to foreigners who violate the quarantine. From todays Guardian:

"Colombia is to expel four Europeans for violating compulsory quarantine protocols designed to halt the spread of the coronavirus, just hours after it closed its border with Venezuela, the government said on Saturday.

Two men and two women of French and Spanish nationality will be deported after ignoring mandatory instructions to isolate themselves and leaving their hotels, against the warnings of staff, the migration agency said."

14 March 2020 @ 19:54
....Checks began on Saturday, through the National Migration Office, in an operation overseen by Interior Minister Eduardo 'Wado' de Pedro, local outlets reported, and involve a check at an individual's home address.....
....Foreign visitors to Argentina will also be checked on if possible, he said, saying attempts were underway to locate them....

I think it's clear you will have to endure a two week quarantine. The question is: will they allow you and your wife to do it together? The original order states that quarantine must be solitary. If so, where will the two of you go? Can't your wife wait wherever you are (US?) until this crisis is over?
I believe he ( or them ) are in Peru. As far as I know there is no two week quarantine for people coming in from bordering countries.

Dear citizen,

Beginning on Sunday, March 15, the Government of Argentina will prohibit the entry into Argentina of all non-resident foreigners, regardless of nationality, if they arrive in Argentina from a country with sustained transmission, including the United States, China, South Korea, Iran, Japan, Great Britain and North Ireland, and Europe for a period of thirty (30) days.

This provision includes flights with a transit point in-between. U.S. travelers present in Argentina should be prepared for further travel and movement restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice

Looks like the whole country may soon be in lockdown same as Italy and now Spain. Anyone who has recently arrived from anywhere outside the country should be voluntarily quarantining NOW.

Back