Travellers to be quarantined on arrival

I also flew to the US and was about to board a flight back to EZE when I saw the requirement to self quarantine for 14 days. I don't want to return and sit in my apartment for 2 weeks (I am working in ARG on a Long Term Assignment). Difficulty is that my wife is in BsAs, and now we're thinking it is time for her to head to the US.

With everything that is happening right now and how quickly things are changing, I would go as fast as I can to wherever I want to be for awhile (and with whom I want to be with) and then plan to stay there.

1. Establish the obligation of going a medical check if you came from one of the countries listed (China, the Us, Europe);
2. Even the decree refers to arts. 205 and 239 of the criminal code for breaking this DNU, the fact is art. 202 have 15 years of jail if you break contagious other people violating this DNU.
3. Flights suspended for 1 months;
4. immediate deportation for breaking the sanitary rules.

Alcohol in Gel $360 pesos per 250 ml...! Palermo Pharmacy.

... What I do not understand by this law what happens if someone enters the country not knowing the law and does not have the means to afford this quarantine . Does the Argentine government provide a service for these tourists ? I appreciate if a lawyer could answer this question .

Not a lawyer nor do i play one on TV but the answer is «reciprocity».
One government will do this and that for non citizens if the country of those citizens agrees to do the same for the people in the same situation from country #1.

Iz

Nancy and I arrived from Chile to EZE last night (11:15PM, US citizens) We, and everyone on the plane, had to fill out a form that includes a question about where you will be staying and how to contact you, if necessary, for the next 14 days. These forms were collected at the gate when we arrived and then we proceeded to immigration as normal.

The questionnaire also asked about specific symptoms and I don't know what would happen if someone admitted to having those symptoms. There was no apparent coughing or sneezing on the plane.

But let me repeat, as of last night there is no quarantining, fever checks or delay in arriving at EZE.

T/

Last night I entered BA directly from Montevideo via BuqueBus, and had zero issues. There wasn’t any extra measures that were apparent, no announcements, or extra checks on foreigners(I’m a US citizen).

Back