Travellers to be quarantined on arrival

just lived the nightmare. arrived on wednesday. wednesday night and thrusday ok. then started receiving mail , 5 , from the adminstrar. told me to self quarantine or he would call the police. moved to a friends house for friday night, called and got flights out tonite for my longtime novia to phoenix. long time customer of united. my friends flying out monday had their flights cancelled. i have owned that that place for 15 years. guess i know where i stand. bulls###. 2 days vacation, 5,000.00 spent in flights including last minute changes. wow.

gotta add. when she booked thru united, the tickets from medellin to eze wre issued thru avianco. could not change them thru united with any certainty she would get there. so booked to phoenix and she will go thru immigrations without a roundtrip ticket and go back to colombia in a couple of weeks depending on the situation

just lived the nightmare. arrived on wednesday. wednesday night and thrusday ok. then started receiving mail , 5 , from the adminstrar. told me to self quarantine or he would call the police. moved to a friends house for friday night, called and got flights out tonite for my longtime novia to phoenix. long time customer of united. my friends flying out monday had their flights cancelled. i have owned that that place for 15 years. guess i know where i stand. bulls###. 2 days vacation, 5,000.00 spent in flights including last minute changes. wow.

Wow that is quite a story unfortunately the whole world has become effectively a prison planet . Technically you came on Wednesday night and from what I believe you may of beaten the new quarantine law

Last edited:
Wow that is quite a story unfortunately the whole world has become effectively a prison planet . Technically you came on Wednesday night and from what I believe you may of beaten the new quarantine law
No. Because the Presidential Edict backdates the quarantine requirement to arrivals from March 1st IIRC

Hey y'all. new here but I've been trying to follow along with the ever changing climate regarding COVID-19. Down in Rio Gallegos right now.. have a ticket booked to fly into BA in aeroparque for the 30th and then onward from EZE to orlando the 31st to get back home. I work in national parks and need to do paperwork for my job on April 1st. I've had these tickets for a while now as I've been In country for a few months. The airlines keep saying that my flights aren't impacted by the virus. If what the embassy is saying is true, then I won't be able to fly home on the 31st if I don't change all of my tickets to leave in the next 48 hours? It specifically says direct commercial flights will be suspended for 30 days. I'm wondering if this pertains to me because my flight has a connection in Lima. Does that qualify as a direct flight? Should I be concerned and pay the 1000$+ to make the flight changes? Latam wasn't much help. They just want more of my money. No mention of a waiver.
I think bullet point no.4 from the US Embassy Health Alert reproduced above by Macanudo is key here: if you intend to leave, leave now. (Bob Dylan put it so much better, don't you think?) Seriously, the Embassy seems to be suggesting you should use any possible routing that's available to you but to use it now. I'm really sorry this is happening to you like this, but if you need to get home I think you should do it while you have the chance. Good luck!!

Anyone else have experience coming in recently? Wife (Argentinian) is adamant about returning high or hell water

The DNM has just informed relevant regional authorities of the identities of passengers who are under quarantine rules (flown in from effected country in the last 15 days). They will then be carrying out inspections on both Argentine citizens, as well as non citizens, covered by the rules.

Looks like some more specific procedures for implimentation are therefore being set up.

We will have to see what actually happens of course.

Fyi

Back