Tricky business ?

robertstrong

Registered
Hi I have a money movement type of ?. My company Surgical Services International does medical tourism in VE. We are moving to BA to start operations there. Here is the situation. let me start with my assumptions
based on what I have read so far.

Money seems very hard or expensive to move there. Or you have to Trust
somebody who will get a commission, 2 percent.

We expect to do the same volume there as here, about 15 surgeries per month that's about 75k I will owe local Surgeons and vendors, hotels
etc.

Here is the question..Could I pay most hotels, surgeons and the like in
wire transfer to their US based accounts?
Do professionals tend to have
US based accounts there, here they all do.

The question also goes to if I need to even open a formal company there
as the money does not go to Argentina it stays in the States. The receipt is made to the patients name...no record exists in my company name.

This is the way it is done here because of the money controls.

Thanks..I hope I was being clear
Robert

robertstrong said:
Hi I have a money movement type of ?. My company Surgical Services International does medical tourism in VE. We are moving to BA to start operations there. Here is the situation. let me start with my assumptions

We expect to do the same volume there as here, about 15 surgeries per month that's about 75k I will owe local Surgeons and vendors, hotels
etc.

as the money does not go to Argentina it stays in the States. The receipt is made to the patients name...no record exists in my company name.

Robert

Oh, you were clear enough...

Do you think it wise to reveal your name and the name of your company on this forum...given your desire to break so many laws?

Not that it isn't common here....

robertstrong said:

etc.

Robert

I would say you are asking a lot of a the right questions. Operating a business in Argentina isn't easy but operating one in Hugoland probabaly isn't that easy either. Moving money into and out of Argentina is a major pain.

A lot of people here have U.S. accounts (they want to keep it out of reach of the government and/or don't trust the banks here). My guess is you could do what you are suggesting and keep all the financial transactions outside of Argentina. You probably better off keeping your business as far off the radar as possible and as low key as possible.

Are you leaving Hugoland to expand or relocate your business? If you are leaving there due to problems operating a business my guess is you will find the same kind of problems in Argentina. Hugoland and Argentina are not business friendly to say the least. There are probably better places to operate a business.

As far as where to go for tennis there are probably hundreds of barrios privado north of Argentina, many if not most of these have tennis courts. Of course then you will probably need a car. The current cost of living in B.A. today is probably about the same as the average U.S. city but with high inflation (25-30%).

Thanks I assumed that the situation was the same here as there. As to the first poster
Donesteban..point taken.

Thanks again

Stanexpat, we are leaving VE because we don't really see a future here anymore.We live on the island of Margarita and the medical infrastructure just cant handle any more volume to grow our company Our boys need better training for their tennis and we cant afford the 100k or more annually to send them to Sanchez Casal in Spain. BA has both,
but seems to have the same problems as here, only more good stuff as well. Strange choice I guess.

Robert : I'm a local who worked for two years in a medical tourism company (the first one offered that services) and thre bussiness has more problems tha the country stability. If I can help you or want more info, this is my e-mail : [email protected]
Good luck

I am sure that you will find that BA has a better infrastructure than Venezuela however I also agree that you will find doing business here quite difficult. It goes without saying that you will be operating illegally if you do not set up a company here and pay your taxes. If you want to do things correctly, you should be consulting a qualified lawyer.

Back