Trip Report

Jade Onerway

Registered
I had a lovely time in BA, stayed in wonderful apt located in Recoleta near Starbucks and walked for miles everyday! It is one of the most beautiful metropolitan areas I have every been, even though it rained pretty much daily. Traffic wasn't too bad and learned the subways but preferred taxi to see sights as we drove and there are many. Ate at the high end restaurants Fervor and others but really can't say it was impressive, starting out stale bread that was not good. I enjoyed the pizza and bakeries immensely. Went to a Tango Club called Gricel and completed my dream of dancing one time what I learned over the past few months and did I mess up! But such fine gentlemen who did not make me feel inadequate.
With so many folks walking dogs I was glad to see clean sidewalks. For prices I would say your country matches up pretty close to Mexico along with the taxi protest against UBBER that blocked traffic, happens here for other reasons.
It was an adventurous trip to Uruguay we took on the ferry over to Colonia de Sacremento, adorable small village and on to Montevideo a few grades down from BA in cleanliness and architecture, but still enjoyed the food and people who were very courteous. Went up the cost to Pt. de Este which is basically high end living, probably Argentinian money. From there San Jose Ignacio a small town with few amenities but seemed like a nice place for summer homes of which I loved the thatch roofing materials. We went further up the coast to Pt. del Diablo! ha, that place is a surfers paradise and you would not be out of place walking around in bikini and barefoot except it was a bit chilly this time of year and the wind could blow you backwards. But I will say of all the food I had, the little place called Olga's served the best marisco jumbo I have ever eaten! What a delight and lucky for us she was there to cook because no other place was open at 7pm to eat a meal.
Heading back south was a bit frightening driving through the biggest storm in fifty years. We made it to the ferry but heard many other passengers were blocked on closed roads due to flooding. I was glad we weren't too close to the tornado that hit down.
Back in BA we spent the last couple days enjoying the plazas of greenery, Japanese garden, Rose garden and more. Such a pleasant vacation in all. Thanks for the tips and I did drink the tap water but only in my tea ;) besos to all and if you ever decide to come to Mexico we have a message board with loads of info for Zihuatanejo. Take care, Chau.

Back