Trip To New York: Afip Says $130 Usd Will Do

Did it in july and it took less than an hour to get the approval, then u go to the bank to change the money

Yeah, back in August I went to Europe and so I did the AFIP process and I got approved for a decent amount of money (enough for spending cash). However, this December, they lowered the amounts quite a bit. And now they are approving people, but when you actually go to buy the dollars, "no hay sistema". (The system has crashed.) So the bank won't sell you the USD, even if you are approved to do it. This is really common now.

But like I said, if you are going to the USA, as long as you pay with a credit card, you're fine. Even with the 15% tax, it is still way less than the dólar blue. The blue is at $7.25 right now and the official with the 15% is around $5.7. So it still makes much more sense to use the credit card. And if you're like me and you pay income tax and bienes personales tax here in Argentina, you even get to take the money off your income tax return. So, that's not a bad deal at all.

An Argentine friend is going to New York for ten days. Went to tax authorities with air ticket and required documents. Was authorized to buy $130 USD! One night in his hotel is $200. He'll be there for over a week.

I read the title and thought $130 USD per day...I had tears in my eyes for a little second until rage took over after I read the post!

Back