Trying to make CORNBREAD (need help)

I don`t think Exquisita mix for brownies has real chocolate I would add some chocolate to the mix, I don`t know what they use instead of chocolate but I really doubt there is chocolate in that mix.
Reina

Made cornbread (finally) last night for our Thanksgiving gathering. It was an exito!

I have a couple of mini-muffin trays that I kind of snagged from my parents' home in the States and I made some regular muffins and then I dumped in some canned corn, some diced jalapeños, and some cube little bits of crappy "queso cremoso". Those little muffins were buenisimo!

Thanks for all the help chicos. (The chicas loved my muffins.)

vanessa said:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/homesteader-cornbread/

That's the recipe I use. I put the polenta (cornmeal) in the milk and soak it for an hour. Everything else is the same (with the above mentioned royal brand of baking powder).

Last time I put in some jalapenos I bought at Carrefour and it was really good

I used this recipe for my stuffing this year, I soaked it longer as you suggested and it came out fantastic!

Here is my grandmother's concoction : she was a homemaking teacher in the bible belted south - so its GREAT !

Dorris’ Cornbread
dry ingredients:
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow corn meal
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
5 tsp baking powder
Liquid ingredients:
1 1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/3 cup corn oil

*Very imporant: preheat oven to 425º . Put oil in 8x8 or 9x9 pan and put pan oven to heat while mixing batter. Mix dry ingredients well with milk & egg. When oven is hot, pour 3/4 hot oil from pan into batter and blend well. Pour batter in pan and bake fpr 25 minutes or golden brown..

Back