trying to open a bank account, help!!!

Kirst

Registered
Guys, has anyone moved out to BA from Europe (specifically UK or France) & tried to open a bank account to transfer money to?

I have money in UK savings account but just can't get it here as the UK currency brokers won't trade pesos. I was told by very helpful people in Santander today that money has to come into this country by law in pesos & that I can't open a dollar account.

I really don't want to be taking it out on my credit card each time at 3% charge!:)

ANY advice at all most grateful for!!!

Kirst​

Hi,
I came fro the UK and opened a bank account with HSBC. In fact, they ended up openeing 4 accounts for me and ended up cancelling the other three.
All I needed to provide was a copy of lease agreement, passport and a utlity bill (which was under the landlord's name). I am with HSBC Premier

kl281071 said:
Hi,
I came fro the UK and opened a bank account with HSBC. In fact, they ended up openeing 4 accounts for me and ended up cancelling the other three.
All I needed to provide was a copy of lease agreement, passport and a utlity bill (which was under the landlord's name). I am with HSBC Premier

Ken, could you tell me which HSBC branch it was and a name there?

thanks a mill!

In the next couple of days I am going to be opening an account with HSBC as well and let you know how the process went. However, I am coming from the US.

I m allowed to withraw 4500 USD with my HSBC debit card from my savings account with absolutely no fee : no argentine fix fee, no european fix fee, no money exchange fee, no visa fee. The account is called "epargne directe" = direct saving account, is not related to an agency, everything is done online or by phone.

If you have an HSBC Premier Account in Europe you can withdraw using your debit card at the ATMs sin cargo.
This is the way I always access my money. Your credit card will cost you not only withdrawal fees but also interest on the money. Once you can get at your money, you will find an Argentine bank account is not worth the hastle.
Also HSBC will trade pesos, well they do for me anyway.

Hi Kirst,
The HSBC branch is the big international one in 201 Florida.
The contact is Valaria Mambrilla

kl281071 said:
Hi Kirst,
The HSBC branch is the big international one in 201 Florida.
The contact is Valaria Mambrilla

Is the account a permanant account or is it only valid for the time left on your visa?

Back