tv expert

katti said:
I was in contact with a Sony dealer :
He told me that it is imposible to convert PAL-N to PAL without a huge loss of quality. He does not recommend that. (that is what I have now : a converter with a very bad quality).

He said NTSC does not really have a problem because you can get direct tv and they have NTSC signal.

I am still hoping this man is wrong, so in case someone does know how to solve the problem : I am waiting for you!!!:D

I have yet to find anyone who having brought their TVs with them & hasn't just gone out and bought a local TV. This might just be your best option.

At this point we are not sure wether to stick to our great TV, use it only to watch DVD's and give up Cablevision or send the tv back to Europe, sell it and buy a new one here. :eek:

katti said:
At this point we are not sure wether to stick to our great TV, use it only to watch DVD's and give up Cablevision or send the tv back to Europe, sell it and buy a new one here. :eek:

Honestly, I'd send it back if you can. Look for someone who is moving and has a TV for sale. I've seen some good ones for sale recently. Then get a good decoded DVD player.

Back