Two factor SMS Codes

yeah, understand. i have been using a pixel and now pixel 2 here with Fi and both have worked well. it could be that using one of the original phones set up for Fi would work better but who knows. have you tried chatting with their support desk?

yeah, understand. i have been using a pixel and now pixel 2 here with Fi and both have worked well. it could be that using one of the original phones set up for Fi would work better but who knows. have you tried chatting with their support desk?

I've talked to them several times and escalated to tech support. It seems like with my Iphone 6 it was just not connecting well to Claro. Then I travelled and couldn't connect to the local service there either. Thats when I gave up on Google Fi.

Do I have to have someone in the US plug it into their phone?

yes..buy the usb...activate it on their computer and make a call or two. then u load the app in your phone using same account and activate the service and u r good to go.

yes..buy the usb...activate it on their computer and make a call or two. then u load the app in your phone using same account and activate the service and u r good to go.

Can my US friends remove the USB after I activate it and load the app on my phone?

I've talked to them several times and escalated to tech support. It seems like with my Iphone 6 it was just not connecting well to Claro. Then I travelled and couldn't connect to the local service there either. Thats when I gave up on Google Fi.

Interesting as I had been planning on getting FI (iPhone SE, I like to carry in a shirt pocket). I would be interested to know if others have problems with their iPhone and FI.

Interesting as I had been planning on getting FI (iPhone SE, I like to carry in a shirt pocket). I would be interested to know if others have problems with their iPhone and FI.

Google Fi emphasizes that its solely intended for use in the USA. If it happens to work in another country thats a bonus.

i don't think that's true. international coverage is clearly noted as one of the benefits of joining.

it does say however that phones designed for Fi will intelligently change between networks wherever you are, better than other phones not necessarily designed for it. so perhaps using an iphone with it is hit or miss, that simple. maybe newer iphones work better?

Back