Type I receptacle (or type C)

mkub3905

Registered
simple Q:
from what i can tell, the standard receptacle in BA is type I (a triangle of 3 flat blades), not type C (2 round pins)
-correct ?
1673797548763.png

Yes, but the polarity is reversed compared to AUS/NZ/China. Also it's common to find Type I, Type C, and Type I/C pictured.

MPuNH88.png

It was the colors that threw me when I first arrived. In the good old US of A, the rule is "white to silver, black to gold".
Here, the brown is line, and the blue is neutral, and there is no color coding in the outlet or plug. You have to put on your reading glasses and look for little raised letters in the plastic saying "L" or "N".

Ground ("earth" if you're British) will be a familiar green or green/yellow in newer installations, but in older buildings, the ground can be white or grey, which is a potential pitfall in and of itself.

ground.jpg

Has anyone had any luck with a dual converter that converts 220V/50hz to 120V/60hz?

I know they transform the voltage but I don't they don't do the frequency also. The frequency is determined at the point of generation right?

Back