Typical Buenos Aires BS - Grocery Delivery

LostinBA

Registered
Lately, I've been thinking that perhaps I am far too negative on this country. Believe me, I'm really trying to be more positive. Love it or leave it right? Well, I now fall into the latter category but like so many others, without the sufficient funds to leave.

Today trying my best to think positively, I stocked up on overpriced groceries and opted for home delivery. With the great hope of redemption, I watched and trusted as the girl put my correct address on the ticket. She told me that it would be 1-3 hours to receive the goods. It's a sunny day and I had hope.

It's now going on 4 hours and upon calling several times because there is either (1) no answer (2) being cut off or (3) being left on hold for 10+ minutes, I'm told that the apartment address was entered incorrectly and was blamed for giving the clerk the incorrect address. Obviously somehow, some idiot there keyed it in wrong or some Coto driver smoked a joint and forgot the delivery. Of course everything frozen is probably now thawed and must be eaten right away. Another (albeit small) can kicked down the road of failure for Argentina.

Please someone enlighten me why is it that they cannot do much of anything well?! It's like living in deep dark Africa but hey, Africa is improving whereas Argentina is just getting worse!!! Africa has a growing middle class whereas Argentina's is shrinking. Africa is receiving massive foreign investment while Argentina receives very little and nationalizes investment made only 10 years ago.

Argentines accept that constantly fucking everything up is normal, acceptable behavior. They accept that manufacturing shitty products is ok. They accept that crappy customer service is fine...

It's all coming back Argentina. You got a bounce from the bottom and like every ball bounced up into the air, the natural order of things eventually catches up. The gravity of your absolute uselessness will pull this country back to where it belongs economically in rapid fashion. Not that 95% of you would understand much of what I just wrote...just like you think that BA is the best city in the world when most of you have never left this country.

LostinBA said:
Argentines accept that constantly fucking everything up is normal, acceptable behavior. They accept that manufacturing shitty products is ok. They accept that crappy customer service is fine...

Once you start to do this as well, you will start to have an easier time of things here. I use delivery with Jumbo as well, but I would never let them deliver frozen products or meat, or anything else that requires refridgeration for the simple fact that:

1. I don't trust them to deliver when they say they will.
2. I don't trust them to store the cold items in the freezer while they wait for delivery.
3. I don't trust that their packing is actually going to maintain the items cool while the items are out for delivery.
4. I am positive that if anything goes wrong, they won't replace my frozen goods.

So, by assuming that they are going to f**k everything up, I can save myself the trouble in the first place. I always bring home the items that need cold storage myself right after making the purchase.

Argentines have told me that the Chinese Supermarkets also turn off the fridge at night to save on electricity so I don't buy any milk products there. I only buy Leche Larga Vida to protect myself against the risk that the regular milk could be spoiled. Costs a bit more, but I'd rather avoid the risk of food poisoning.

Once you learn to think like an Argentine, your life will get much easier here and you won't be so angry all the time. I was upset for my first 3-4 years here until things finally clicked and now I'm at peace with Argentina. ;)

Saludos!

You little girls have way too much time on your hands to be bitching about shit like this. Seriously. It will get their soon enough. Shit happens.

Delivery from Coto on Nazca and Luis Viale always works just fine for us - normally takes about 2 - 2 and a half hours . they always check our address with us before we leave and check our phone number . Seems you have had bad luck.

Jumbo always works out fine as well.

Of course i'm right. I've never had a problem getting food delivered in all the years i've been here. But sometimes shit happens. Was there really a need to make a thread about it just to bitch because of a late food delivery. Seriously ? Did you cry a little inside when 3 hours went by and your order wasn't there ?

LostinBA said:
Yeah, maybe you're right.

Back