U.s. Citizen Apprehended For Crimes Committed In Ba

You guys who have met him should know what he looks like - but I didn't see either saying that the guy you all met as Jack Brooker is not the guy in the photo in the InfoBAE article (regardless of the date of the article). Serafina says the guy doesn't seem like a pervert but doesn't confirm whether the guy she met was the guy in the photo, and Jantango says Nicad is possibly wrong in naming him, but doesn't state that the guy in the photo isn't him either. Of course, 8 years passed from the InfoBAE article and now...

Clarification?

But I must say, the first article talks about this guy being extradited to the US after having fled to Argentina after he skipped parole on his original conviction in the US. The latest La Nacion article talks about them finding the guy, and finding him with various medical implements, but doesn't actually seem to say that he was practicing the same thing again here (of course, I'd imagine he must have been with that paraphernalia)

En ese domicilio vivía una persona que utilizaba un nombre falso, quien ya tenía una condena por abuso sexual. Según fuentes policiales, se hacía pasar como médico laboral, citaba a médicas y enfermeras, y abusaba de ellas.

A person using a false name lived at this residence, who already had a conviction for sexual abuse. According to police sources, he had passed himself off as an occupational physician, he made appointments with female doctors and nurses and abused them.

Well, it does mention the acts he committed, but it's so mixed up that I don't know if they are talking about his US conviction, or what they suspected him of doing here. And curious how they mention "a person" was living under a false name, but don't really mention the suspect. Is this bad writing, have I translated poorly, or what?

So did they end up extraditing the guy in the InfoBAE article 8 years ago? Did he serve out the remainder of his sentence there and then come back here? Was he not extradited in 2006 and has been here, known to the government ever since? Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem clear to me anything haha.

You guys who have met him should know what he looks like - but I didn't see either saying that the guy you all met as Jack Brooker is not the guy in the photo in the InfoBAE article (regardless of the date of the article). Serafina says the guy doesn't seem like a pervert but doesn't confirm whether the guy she met was the guy in the photo, and Jantango says Nicad is possibly wrong in naming him, but doesn't state that the guy in the photo isn't him either. Of course, 8 years passed from the InfoBAE article and now...

Clarification?

But I must say, the first article talks about this guy being extradited to the US after having fled to Argentina after he skipped parole on his original conviction in the US. The latest La Nacion article talks about them finding the guy, and finding him with various medical implements, but doesn't actually seem to say that he was practicing the same thing again here (of course, I'd imagine he must have been with that paraphernalia)

Well, it does mention the acts he committed, but it's so mixed up that I don't know if they are talking about his US conviction, or what they suspected him of doing here. And curious how they mention "a person" was living under a false name, but don't really mention the suspect. Is this bad writing, have I translated poorly, or what?

So did they end up extraditing the guy in the InfoBAE article 8 years ago? Did he serve out the remainder of his sentence there and then come back here? Was he not extradited in 2006 and has been here, known to the government ever since? Maybe I'm missing something, but it doesn't seem clear to me anything haha.
He was meant to be extradited but he never was.

Coffee Chat met at the Big Apple once.It was horrible and the owner was a BIG jerk.Besides what I thought about the guy........imagine a restaurant serving untoasted bagels?. They didn't have a clue. When I walked past this place on Viamonte and saw that it was closed, I was excited.

cc Michelle
cc David Glen

I just remembered why I thought the guy was an idiot.

After the Coffee Chat meeting, we all left.When I got home,I realized that I hadn't paid for my untoasted bagel etc. I doubt that we were given a check. I went back the next day to pay. The owner didn't tell me the cost of what I had eaten.He had no interest whatsoever in the money. I gave him some money and didn't even get a thank you.

Regardless of the Big Apple owner's businesses acumen or lack thereof, saying that it is him is slander at this point since no one has been named. I would be deleting the posts tout suite until the suspect is officially named.

Are you sure? That's a big statement to make.
I met the guy once at The Big Apple, just weeks before he closed down the place. He didn't look like the kind of type after women, he was more interested in business judging also from his posts here.

What does "the type" look like, exactly? What about this guy...is he okay? :huh:

ted_bundy_3321306b.jpg

Regardless of the Big Apple owner's businesses acumen or lack thereof, saying that it is him is slander at this point since no one has been named. I would be deleting the posts tout suite until the suspect is officially named.
Upon advice of counsel, I wish to confirm that I have no idea who the suspect is, what his aliases may be, or if he is in fact guilty. I do, however, believe that Serafina's post deserves ridicule to the extent permitted by law.

I was at that Meet Up held at his coffee shop a few years ago.I talked for at least one half hour with the ownwer who was sitting right next to me.I can not be sure but the pix posted by NiKad looks somewhat like that person.Although I can not see the top of his head in it.I believe the owner was grey headed.
What I fail to understand is his lack of fluent ARGENTINE Spanish in"conning" women in his office that he was a licensed doctor in Argentina.Where did he get the diploma to hang on the wall? Did these women even look for proof that he was licensed? He spole to his employees in Spanish in my presence and it was functional but heavily U.S. accented.
Did it they never cross their minds that this was a con man?

Slander indeed applies to the spoken word (aka saying something about someone that is defamatory). The posts that have been published in this thread,however, would fall under the category of libel if they turn out to be untrue:

Libel and Slander

Two torts that involve the communication of false information about a person, a group, or an entity such as a corporation. Libel is any Defamation that can be seen, such as a writing, printing, effigy, movie, or statue. Slander is any defamation that is spoken and heard.

Collectively known as defamation, libel and slander are civil wrongs that harm a reputation; decrease respect, regard, or confidence; or induce disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against an individual or entity. The injury to one's good name or reputation is affected through written or spoken words or visual images. The laws governing these torts are identical.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Libel+and+Slander

It is probably easier to prove libel than slander, but that is just my opinion.
emo32.gif

Back