Uber Is Live In Ba

Informal studies have shown that when Uber starts in a city the number of complaints/ride about regular cabs goes down which is usually attributed taxi drivers actually making an effort to compete.

Though the studies are informal, but absolutely 101% true on that.

For those of you interested, I had some friends that had to get to the airport yesterday, and Remis from Martinez to Ezeiza was going to be 520 plus tolls. Uber was about $350, plus a coupon for $15 USD. So they went for almost free to the airport. Car was nice, and they got there in a timely fashion. So far had a good experience, and even though I have a car, the next time I need to take a taxi, I'll be using Uber, simply because it is cheaper.

In all fairness to the local cabbies who depend on their work to live.Uber's start date could be about one year too early..
A lot are "peones" -hired drivers- not owners.
Also it is by no means their sole fault that the Argentine economy has not been producing enough private sector jobs for at least the last 12 years
Maybe Axel and Cristina are able to explain the reason why not,.However,I somehow doubt that they would want to do that.

The majority of taxi are owner driven. In fact the ratio of owner driven to peon driven is something like 3:1

The majority of taxi are owner driven. In fact the ratio of owner driven to peon driven is something like 3:1

I talk to almost every taxi driver. I don't recall anyone telling me that he has rented the cab. All claim to be owners. Whether its true or not..who knows.

Not in this liferime will I ever trust some bloke with my private information: Uber
The data collected by Uber, including name, credit card information, current location and regularly travelled locations such as home and place of work...

http://www.wired.com/insights/2015/01/uber-privacy-woes-cautionary-tale/

Back