UBER

If you have a bad experience REPORT THE DRIVER. This is one of the benefits of using Uber because there is a feedback mechanism directly connected to the driver. Good luck reporting a taxi driver who gives you fake bills. I encourage everyone to use Uber where possible and punish bad behaviour/shady practices with ratings and by contacting Uber. If enough people do it enough the whole system will improve and taxi drivers will have no choice but to step up their game (better cars/service).

What are the odds of being harassed at destination by Yellow Cab drivers? Some pretty violent incidents have been reported in the press, shootings..

i tend to use cabify more these days. none of this dealing with credit card or cash stuff. and they don't ask you to sit in front either.

but when i do use uber it's always with my foreign CC, never cash. if they don't like it then they are free to cancel.

I've found Uber to be very poor in Buenos Aires: they started charging my card before the pickup, so I deleted that option... even so, pretty much every trip involves multiple cancellations, some of the drivers try to avoid cancelling (so I'll be charged), and the waiting time estimates in the application are huge underestimates.

I was regularly asked by the drivers before the pickup "where are you going", this is ridiculous, I input my destination in the app and there should be no reason to ask for it again. If the driver doesn't like the destination, then they will try to get me to cancel. For some time as well, the Uber app didn't show the licence plate of the car, this is a real safety concern.

I much preferred Easy Taxi, which worked with real taxis and was very reliable, but this service has been shut down by Cabify. The only time I tried to book a driver with Cabify they wanted 3 times the normal taxi fare to Puerto Madero, claiming high user numbers (this was at 5:30am), so I dropped that idea very quickly and got a taxi from the street. I don't think I'll be using Cabify any time soon.

There's a BA Taxi app that I intend to try.

What are the odds of being harassed at destination by Yellow Cab drivers? Some pretty violent incidents have been reported in the press, shootings..
Unlikely, as I don't see how a taxi driver would know you are getting out of an Uber. Even if it did happen, they would be harrasing the Uber driver and not you.

Can you link to the stories on shootings? That sounds crazy.

Took Uber from Ezeiza to Palermo today. Picked me up in parking lot B, a short walk from the terminal. 700 pesos. A taxi probably would have been 1800 plus bad talk radio.

That chart is missing the "yanqui accent" tax, which I still have to pay

Back