UBER

I have used Uber frequently since they launched in Buenos Aires and have seen the service degrade in quality significantly in the past 6-12 months. I have my account connected to an international credit card and recently it's rare that the driver doesn't call or text after accepting the trip to ask where I'm going and how I'm paying, the opposite of the whole idea of the app. They make you feel like an inconvenience if you aren't going in the direction they want to go and directly cancel if you want to pay with card. I've gotten various explanations about the card vs cash payments from drivers but my understanding is that since 90% of the customers here pay cash Uber has no way to charge their commission on those trips leaving the drivers with a large debt of commission and the trips payed with card go towards paying off that debt so the drivers "don't get paid" for them. Uber customer service isn't much help as it is very automated and I often get responses that have nothing to do with my complaint or question. I really hope it improves since I hate the taxis here, but maybe until Uber is legal it's not going to get better.

The way to fix the problem of drivers asking "por donde vas?" or how you're paying is to (1) never cancel the trip -- make them do it. It hurts their rating if they cancel too many, and they can eventually get kicked off Uber. (2) Complain to Uber describing what happened. Eventually they'll fix it.

I even had a driver offer to pay me the 50 peso cancellation fee, cash, so I would cancel (since it would charge me 50 pesos if I canceled).

Two weeks ago I was requesting a ride to Ezeiza. The driver got close enough to where it showed him my destination. He saw me and I saw him. I stepped out into the road and waved him down. He looked at me holding my backpack as he sped by and then he cancelled the trip, presumably because he didn't want to goto Ezeiza. La viveza criolla I guess.

I have used Uber frequently since they launched in Buenos Aires and have seen the service degrade in quality significantly in the past 6-12 months. I have my account connected to an international credit card and recently it's rare that the driver doesn't call or text after accepting the trip to ask where I'm going and how I'm paying, the opposite of the whole idea of the app. They make you feel like an inconvenience if you aren't going in the direction they want to go and directly cancel if you want to pay with card. I've gotten various explanations about the card vs cash payments from drivers but my understanding is that since 90% of the customers here pay cash Uber has no way to charge their commission on those trips leaving the drivers with a large debt of commission and the trips payed with card go towards paying off that debt so the drivers "don't get paid" for them. Uber customer service isn't much help as it is very automated and I often get responses that have nothing to do with my complaint or question. I really hope it improves since I hate the taxis here, but maybe until Uber is legal it's not going to get better.
This is exactly what it is. I confirmed with a driver. In order to get good cars/drivers order an uber select. It's about 40-50 pesos more on a 15-20 minute ride, but well worth it.

I love Uber in the Sates. I don’t use it anymore here. The service is run by crooks inBA. I have ordered the service to and from Ezeiza, wait the usual ten minutes and then realize that the driver cancels me at last moment. Order a new one, wait ten more minutes and get cancelled again. Twice I have been taken thru a route twice as long, only to justify a higher fare with the excuse that Waze indicated that way. In sum, a terrible service in BA.

Taxi Ezeiza works pretty well 99% of the time going to Ezeiza..or just hail a taxi - when going to Ezeiza, decide on a price( not by meter) and hop on.

when arriving in Ezeiza, there are 6-7 remi services..I usually use the first one..right after customs...costs 1350 pesos as of now.

So, Uber is a lottery for trips to Ezeiza and not worth it? I have never had Taxi Ezeiza cancel or be late, which is why I am surprised. I hope they don't start becoming unreliable.

The remis services have a good monopoly on the prices from EZE > BA. I also use Taxi Ezeiza both ways to EZE. I use Uber once/twice a month in BA without issues paying with international CC.

i always use a remis service when i go to/from EZE. i don't bother with ubers there.

at AEP, i will occasionally use uber to drop me off for personal trips, if i need a pickup for a personal trip i'll use a remis service.

i book personal trips with the same remis company we use at work. it's more expensive but they are good and have nice cars. and they also have been trained per our driving rules (eg no phone use when driving).

Since no one has mentioned it, another option is Cabify. It's a Spanish company similar to Uber. You pay by credit card.

I use Cabify and Uber in BA and Santiago, I pay CASH..:rolleyes:

Back